Full-Time Vice President of Architecture, Environment & Technology
Position Summary: Lead position responsible for honoring, maintaining, and managing Meijer Gardens world-class architecture, facilities, and technology and advancing our mission through promoting stewardship of the natural environment. Serve as an officer of the corporation and a member of the management team.
- Fully understand and communicate the importance of the Meijer Gardens architecturally significant facilities.
- Be the lead stewardship advocate to ensure we honor facility donor agreements. Assist in developing financially responsible annual facility and environmental operating and capital budgets, and capital campaign budgets.
- Lead our efforts to honor our architecture and appropriately maintain our facilities.
- Ensure our LEED-certified facilities comply with LEED requirements. Collaboratively develop sustainability goals, objectives, and policies.
- Be the owner’s representative with building contractors.
- Lead our efforts to acquire and maintain our furniture and equipment.
- Ensure our facilities are ADA-compliant and embrace universal design whenever possible.
- Lead and supervise all safety training programs and building and equipment compliance requirements.
- Take the lead role in selecting, leading, and managing our third-party security and maintenance providers.
- Take the lead staff role with the Long-Range Planning and Building and Accessibility Board Committees. Serve on the Diversity & Inclusion Board Committee.
- Supervise the Director of Facility Management, maintenance employee team members, Facility Attendants Manager, Director of Technology and technology and audio-visual employee team members.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the management team and all employee team members.
- Be a highly effective teacher and communicator.
- Other duties as assigned by the President & CEO
- Bachelor’s degree in Facility Management or Business Management and/or Architecture.
- Significant experience managing facilities, architects, and contractors.
- Strong collaborative relationship skills, project management and organizational skills, and a technical background related to facilities.
- Embrace and adhere to Meijer Gardens’ mission, brand statement, operating model, policies, procedures, and guiding principles.
- Embrace the fact we are a non-profit institution that serves the public and that we will work as a broad and diverse group of employee team members, volunteers, members, and guests.
- Embrace the Meijer Gardens collaborative culture.
- Management of people and interdepartmental relationships.
Working Conditions: Must be willing to: work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings; travel occasionally; to work in a fast paced, multi-faceted and culturally diverse museum environment. Required to operate computers and office equipment. Must have the mobility in office, grounds, facilities, and exhibition areas and the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates are required to submit to our background and drug screening process.
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park promotes the enjoyment, understanding and appreciation of gardens, sculpture, the natural environment and the arts.