Full-Time Vice President for Development
National conservation organization focused on keeping America’s waterways clean seeks senior development professional to lead innovative fundraising program (Arlington, VA)
Healthy fish rely on healthy water. We all do. Today, 1.5 million miles of trout and salmon waters in America are degraded. These are not only home waters to iconic native and wild fish, but they are also the very rivers and streams that supply the water we drink, irrigation for our lands, and endless opportunities to get outside and connect with nature. For anglers, they are prized places.
Trout Unlimited (“TU”) is uniquely positioned to create common ground among diverse interests. TU overcomes obstacles with grassroots credibility, professional skill, non-partisanship, and scientific expertise. They are a local, on-the-ground force and a national player building meaningful relationships with decision makers, land and resource stewards, community members, and other stakeholders.
Trout Unlimited seeks a driven and result-oriented leader to serve as its next Vice President for Development. The VP will foster internal and external conversations that build support for and engagement in processes that advance the organization’s strategic conservation priorities. As a detail-oriented professional, the VP will also be able to oversee all aspects of the fundraising program and innovate the fundraising process. The ideal VP’s qualifications include:
- At least 12-15 years of professional development experience in non-profit organizations with demonstrated success in fundraising.
- A minimum of 5 years successfully leading team of Major Gift Officers.
- A keen understanding of best practices in fundraising, a strong record of securing major gifts, experience using metrics to drive performance and manage staff, and success in increasing total dollars raised.
- Knowledge of the mechanisms surrounding planned giving and experience working with donors to secure individual planned gifts.
- Understanding of how foundations prioritize funding and experience working with foundations to develop mutually beneficial funding strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Professional background in conservation or personal connection to the mission preferred.
- Passion for the outdoors and TU’s mission is essential. Experience with and passion for fly fishing is a plus.
How to ApplyDevelopment Resources, inc. is leading this search for Trout Unlimited. All of DRi's searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405