Full-Time U.S. Associate Researcher (San Francisco or DC)
The ICCT seeks a highly self-motivated, enthusiastic Associate Researcher to contribute to a wide range of technical research related U.S. policies to accelerate electric vehicle deployment. Representative work can be seen at these links to the ICCT’s projects to support state-level zero-emission vehicle regulations, federal emission standards, and other U.S. city and state policies. We hope to fill a position either in our San Francisco, California, or Washington, D.C., office as soon as possible.
- Perform high-quality research to support the development of state and federal regulations and incentives;
- Collect vehicle technology data and develop databases to quantify energy-saving, emission-reduction, and cost implications changing vehicle technology over time;
- Write working papers and short briefing papers to inform on the research findings and policy implications; and
- Collaborate with ICCT staff on emerging projects and other duties as assigned.
- M.S. or Ph.D. (or Bachelor of Science degree, with 2-4 years relevant experience) in engineering, science, transportation, or related field;
- Demonstrated interest and experience doing technical analysis and writing reports related to electric vehicle technology and vehicle regulations;
- Excellent demonstrated skills in applicable data collection, research, analytical methods, and drawing conclusions from analytical research;
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal, plus reading and writing proficiency in a second language preferred;
- Superior proficiency with MS Office and other research software; and
- Great organization and collaboration skills, combined with flexibility and a positive attitude
To be successful in our environment, you must be intellectually curious, self-directed, and able to work with people from across the globe. This is a full-time position and is located in our San Francisco or Washington D.C. office. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and education, plus an excellent benefits package, including group health insurance, a 401(k) with 7% matching contribution, transportation subsidy, and other benefits.
The ICCT is a non-profit international research organization that supports the effective design and implementation of policies to address the impacts of the global transportation sector on climate change and public health. Our organization achieves this by providing high quality and timely data-driven research to public officials at all levels of government, as well as to civil society and the media. The ICCT has offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, and Beijing. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Learn more about us at www.theicct.org.