Full-Time SVP of Global Sales & Marketing
Working within the USA with proximity to Austin and/ or major airport is desirable
The utility industry is undergoing a paradigm shift driven by climate change, aging infrastructure, renewable energy, and electrification. To keep up with and enable these changes, unprecedented grid upgrades are needed, creating a $24 trillion market opportunity.
Infravision is uniquely positioned to lead this transformation with our mission to decarbonize the world’s electric grid by reinventing the way utilities construct power lines. We have a strong global customer base and recently raised a $23M Series A from leading investors in the sector, including Energy Impact Partners, Equinor, and Edison International.
To further our mission, we are actively seeking an entrepreneurial, hands-on leader to assume the crucial role of SVP of Global Sales & Marketing. This position provides a unique opportunity for an experienced revenue leader to drive a well-funded startup to scale 10X over the next several years. You will serve as a key member of our executive team and will lead the development and execution of our Enterprise Sales Strategy, in many cases developing novel service offerings to utility customers and driving unique procurement models. You will build and manage a sales and customer success organization; actively support the pursuit and closing of deals; develop and maintain executive-level customer relationships; and help expand Infravision to new markets.
This role will influence Infravision’s success at a pivotal time and offer an opportunity to grow personally and contribute to addressing a meaningful and urgent global issue.
Who we are
Infravision empowers electric utilities to deliver safer, faster, lower-cost power line upgrades. We built a drone hardware and software analytics platform that installs and upgrades power lines at a speed and scale that’s never been available before to the industry. Through our solutions, Infravision enables up to 40% increase in transmission line capacity at 40x lower install cost than traditional methods.
Infravision operates in Australia, the United States, Canada, and India. The Infravision leadership team collectively possesses over 100 years of experience in aviation, engineering and high reliability operations and is a strong veteran employer, with 40% of its workforce coming from military backgrounds. At Infravision we aim to have a positive impact on the day to day work of our people, customers, and environment.
What you’ll do
Strategy & Relationships
- Develop and execute a global enterprise account sales strategy aligned with revenue targets and company objectives.
- Determine data-driven sales objectives with clear milestones and a process for qualifying opportunities and managing prospects.
- Structure and negotiate new business relationships, including key pricing, commercial, and operational terms, as part of complex contracting and procurement processes.
- Cultivate and maintain high-level relationships with electric utilities and key stakeholders, positioning the company as a trusted partner.
- Build, lead, mentor, and manage a high-performing ~15 person global sales team with clear objectives and growth plans.
- Build and continuously evaluate and optimize sales processes to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, and scalability.
- Partner with the Engineering, Operations, and Delivery teams to ensure on-time deployment and execution and overall customer satisfaction.
- Ensure alignment of marketing strategy to reach priority audiences.
- Stay up to date on industry trends, challenges, and opportunities, adapting strategies to evolving market needs.
- Be a thought leader to the CEO and executive team and inform overall company strategy and objectives.
What we’re looking for
Required Qualifications and Experience
Your previous experience should show us that you have:
- 10+ years of professional experience in enterprise account sales, including experience selling to regulated electric utilities in North America and selling technology service contracts, hardware/ physical assets, and/or infrastructure
- At least 5 years in senior Sales Leadership positions with Global or Regional remit, including experience building and leading a high performing sales organization
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals and driving revenue growth in previous sales leadership roles
- Demonstrated strength in thinking strategically about utility and energy priorities and technical challenges and to convey compelling insights and solutions to address them
- Experience entering and growing new markets, particularly international
- A track record of navigating multi-stakeholder and matrixed organizations at the executive level
- Experience navigating hardware production timelines and processes
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Experience selling or structuring long-term (5-10 year) agreements and 7-figure deal sizes, ideally with a technology and services component
- Experience in a start-up environment (Series A – C), including successfully building and implementing a global or regional sales strategy, systems, and processes
- Ability to lead and coordinate globally dispersed teams
- Experience at global consulting / advisory firm selling to electric utility clients
Salary Range & Benefits
Expected On Target Earnings (OTE) of between $400,000 and $500,000/ year. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors, including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and location. In addition to salary, this position is also eligible for stock options. Benefits include a 4% 401k match, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and 30 days PTO.
Diversity and inclusion
At Infravision, diversity and inclusion are integral to our culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, fostering an inclusive environment where unique perspectives are valued. Our competitive compensation package, including Employee Share Options, reflects our commitment to recognising and rewarding talent.
The available position is full-time and permanent, and we support flexible work arrangements for a harmonious work-life balance.