Full-Time Generation Assets Engineer
The Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) brings a competitive edge to Massachusetts municipal utilities. We plan, develop and manage energy resources in an evolving marketplace that requires high levels of innovation and expertise. All while remaining dedicated to providing municipal utility customers with low-cost, low carbon and reliable electricity.
We are currently seeking to add a Generation Asset Engineer to the team with an interest in renewable and emerging technologies. This person will be responsible for engineering support of MMWEC’s existing generation assets, project management of new assets under development and supporting member municipal utilities with work and their distribution systems. Areas of focus will include mechanical, electrical and controls engineering.
- Provide engineering and Technical Support for the 500+ MW Combined Cycle and Peaking power plant on property (Stony Brook Energy Center).
- Design and implement equipment upgrades or lifecycle extension projects for Mechanical/Electrical/Control systems at the Stony Brook Energy Center as part of MMWEC’s Design Modification Requests (DMR) System.
- Provide technical support for plant operations and onsite team of mechanics and electricians tasked with daily maintenance of the plant.
- Provide contractor oversight during annual maintenance outages and project management of major outage related work including resource scheduling and coordination.
- Maintain and update P&ID drawings as required.
- Identify modifications, upgrades and replacements of power plant components to extend the life of the asset and improve the flexibility of MMWEC assets with ISO-NE wholesale marketplace.
- Provide support for yearly outage safety playbook, and assist operations as needed for LOTO development.
- Interact with MMWEC’s Market Management & Communications Business Units to understand and evaluate the impacts of new regulations and market rule changes that could affect MMWEC assets.
- Interact with ISO-NE and submit required forms and certifications for existing assets, as well as equipment models and study documents for new assets.
- Provide engineering support for MMWEC’s fuel oil pipeline, natural gas pipeline and high voltage and transmission line. Support the NERC Oversight Engineer with compliance related surveys and reporting.
- Oversee to the Operations and Maintenance of the Admin Building’s Mechanical and Electrical Systems.
- Contribute as a member of the cross-disciplinary Emerging Technologies team, tasked with monitoring and preparing for new technologies that have the potential to change how we deliver power to our customers.
- Support MMWEC’s Member Systems in submitting annual ISO-NE forms and certifications for generation and transmission elements.
- Member of the Berkshire Wind Climb Team to support the operations of the 12-turbine, 19.6 MW wind farm.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Discipline required
- 5 to 10 years of job related experience
- Effective Project Management and Supervisorial Skills; Ability to supervise a team of contractors, consultants, and engineering staff to achieve corporate goals.
- Experience with design to meet Codes requirements. Knowledge or ASME, ANSI, ASTM, NFPA, IEEE, NACE standards related to power generation and transmission sector a plus.
- Knowledgeable about engineering, operations, maintenance, safety, training, design, construction and quality assurance.
- Special licenses/certificates: Registered Professional Engineer or Engineer in Training is desirable. Must be certifiable through Veriforce for of pipeline operations and maintenance.
MMWEC offers a competitive salary and benefits package including robust medical and dental benefits with low employee cost, a savings retirement plan with a 6% company contribution and up to an additional 3% company match, earned vacation time, sick time, and 11 paid holidays. Our company prides itself in creating an environment that challenges employees to be passionate, energetic, proactive, and progressive.
Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) eagerly accepts applications for employment from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, GINA, marital status, gender identity, age, ancestry, veteran status, mental or physical disability, and political belief or affiliation.