Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Works with team members to make decisions on products and operations based on Sustainability standards, supports escalated social and environmental issues, and promotes efficient implementation of department initiatives.
• Participates in the recruiting process and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to ensure mutual understanding of desired results.
• Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, while communicating and modeling the core values of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Identifies and notifies their direct leader of recurring issues, providing suggested process improvements.
• Recommends to their direct leader disciplinary actions, dismissals, and promotions of employees in their area of responsibility.
• Proposes changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of assigned processes, strategy, and tactics; communicates approved changes to direct reports.
• Provides input to their direct leader on hiring for positions reporting to them.
• Informs management of major team milestones, developments, and concerns.
• Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures within their area of responsibility conducting internal audits where requested.
• Ensures team strategies are aligned with department strategies.
• Ensures that all documentation in their area of responsibility is archived properly and ensures its disposal at the end of the archive period.
• Provides daily direction, assistance, and communication to internal teams, agencies, and vendors.
• Develops and maintains knowledge and understanding of Sustainability industry trends.
• Acts as a liaison for the Buying department regarding Sustainability related issues.
• Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team, escalating issues to the appropriate level of support and/or leadership when necessary.
• Ensures direct reports complete assigned responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to provide the highest level of customer service for the business.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Develops Others: Takes action to ensure that individuals and the team have the necessary behaviors to perform optimally and meet current and future strategic goals.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Results: Sets a strategic vision for team and focuses attention on obtaining the best result for the team, department and ALDI overall.
• Leads and Aligns: Creates an energizing environment that supports the success of the team. Provides consistent direction and motivation in the current environment and in times of change.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and performance of direct reports.
• Conflict management skills.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to quickly learn new systems and analytical tools.
• Ability to influence business decisions and provide fact-based recommendations.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
• Knowledge of products and services of the company to effectively communicate with divisions and external vendors.
• Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field required.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in managing human rights supply chain risks is required.
• Relevant ALDI business experience with an exceptional level of demonstrated success required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work may be performed in an office, remote office, or a combination of both where a computer, and office equipment may be used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Domestic travel required.
• Up to 10%.
NOTICE: We are aware of attempts to deceive applicants through fraudulent websites and email domains. Please know, ALDI recruiters will only contact you from an @aldi.us email address.