Full-Time Sustainability Specialist (Multiple locations)
NV5 is actively seeking a talented and highly motivated senior Sustainability Consultant to join our Clean Energy/Sustainability team. This multi-disciplined team provides consulting services for sustainable buildings and campus developments. From design of net-zero buildings to sustainable planning and assisting clients with their global decarbonization engineering strategies and data.
LEED Accreditation with specialty and minimum of five-year experience preferred. Locations: West Coast and/or Midwest Support. Irvine-CA, Sacramento-CA, Salt Lake City-UT, Las Vegas-NV, Chicago-IL, Nashville-TN. Remote locations considered.
• Sustainability Project Facilitator – lead sustainability meetings, vision meetings, and project certifications
• Detail oriented and organized with proven experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Analytical thinker with strong problem solving and communications skills.
• Knowledge of multiple sustainability rating and certification systems: LEED BD+C, LEED O+M, Arc, WELL, Fitwel, Energy Star. Envision a plus.
• Working with LEEDonline, WELLonline, and Arc. Calculating sustainability certification prerequisites and credits.
• Capable of performing feasibility studies/GAP analysis.
• Experience with AutoCAD/Revit and the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with Whole-building Life-Cycle Assessment calculators, reporting tools and embodied carbon assessment. ESG data collection.
• Developing Green Specifications. Coordinate and review energy modeling.
• Basic knowledge of building systems and construction techniques.
• Knowledge of resilient design, material health, and social sustainability issues a plus.
• Experience with daylight analysis tools and energy modeling tools a plus.
• Air quality testing, water quality testing, and WELL Performance Testing a plus.
• 4-year bachelor degree
• LEED Accreditation
• WELL Accreditation
Available for occasional travel within the US. No relocation compensation offered. Salary range $40,000-$95,000 based on experience. NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.