Full-Time Sustainability Specialist I/II/III – Energy
Sustainability Specialist I/II/III
County of San Mateo
$6,559 – $9,748 / Month
Are you passionate about sustainability, including issues such as energy efficiency and decarbonization, and being part of the evolving ways local governments can develop and implement programs to help San Mateo County communities?
The County of San Mateo’s Office of Sustainability (OOS) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Sustainability Specialist (Energy) to coordinate energy efficiency and electrification programs, and assist our departments, community partners, and community members in planning for and implementing projects that reduce and manage energy use.
The ideal candidate has extensive expertise in energy efficiency, decarbonization, energy auditing, building performance, electric vehicles, water conservation, and/or associated sustainability issues. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively frame and communicate complex concepts for different audiences, orally and in writing. Key skills include developing public outreach materials, including presentations, mailings, and social media and preparing written materials such as narratives, project summaries, and/or Board reports.
Additionally, the ideal candidate has experience working with a diverse range of stakeholders and perspectives and understands institutional and structural racism and bias and its impact on underrepresented communities. The ideal candidate can track developments in pertinent state policies and has experience supporting local governments in developing and adopting policies. The successful candidate can “hit the ground running” and work with minimal supervision, and is comfortable in a fast-paced, people-focused environment. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience implementing and coordinating programs in the field of resource conservation.
The Sustainability Specialist (Energy) will coordinate the implementation of several sub-programs for the Bay Area Regional Energy Network (BayREN) or the San Mateo County Energy Watch (SMCEW). The specific assignment will be determined based on the experience and skills of the selected candidate. This will be a permanent position in the Office of Sustainability. This recruitment may also be used to fill future three-year term positions.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and facilitate informational webinars and in-person workshops for facilities managers, residents, property owners, business owners and managers, business network personnel, real estate professionals, local government staff, and other stakeholders.
- Implement programs/projects related to energy efficiency and decarbonization of buildings and transportation.
- Serve as subject matter expert for County departments, Board of Supervisors, external stakeholders, community groups, and the public.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate comprehensive outreach activities, including websites, surveys, public education, training, and media activities.
- Develop and manage contracts for consultant support services related to marketing, community outreach, and technical support.
- Develop, prepare, negotiate, and monitor grants. Ensure compliance with grant stipulations and funding agency reporting requirements. Develop written reports for funders.
- Analyze and interpret reports, information, and data related to program implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned, especially related to climate action plans, greenhouse gas reductions, and renewable energy.
FINAL FILING DATE: June 2, 2022
To learn more about the position and to apply online, please visit our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sanmateo/jobs/3539027/sustainability-specialist-i-ii-iii-energy-open-and-promotional. Applications are only accepted online. The following are required to be submitted: 1) regular online employment application form; 2) cover letter expressing interest in the position; 3) resume. Responses to the supplemental questions must be submitted in addition to our regular employment application form, a resume, and a cover letter. A resume will not be accepted as a substitute for the required employment application and supplemental questionnaire. EOE
How to ApplyTo learn more about the position and to apply online, please click here. Applications are only accepted online. The following are required to be submitted: 1) regular online employment application form; 2) cover letter expressing interest in the position; 3) resume. Responses to the supplemental questions must be submitted in addition to our regular employment application form, a resume, and a cover letter. A resume will not be accepted as a substitute for the required employment application and supplemental questionnaire. EOE
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405