Full-Time Sustainability Manager
Our team shares a common passion – reducing the impacts of climate change. We bring that passion to every client and every project. As Rethinking Power Management’s Sustainability Manager, you will manage projects and existing client relationships, and ensure we are providing stellar consulting services. As part of our team, you will be responsible for implementing initiatives to reach our client’s sustainability goals. Initiatives focus largely on energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reductions, resilience planning, and improving occupant comfort and health.
For Our Clients
- Support implementation of client sustainability strategies
- Manage project teams to ensure work is well-executed, stays within scope, is completed on-time and on-budget.
- Coordinate projects between clients, outside vendors and efficiency program providers.
- Write client reports and other documentation as needed.
- Bring a critical editing eye to engineering and other technical writing.
- Be an engaged, active and creative member of the team.
- Maintain open communication channels with clients and internal staff.
- Build relationships with vendors, installers, utility partners and other constituents.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and procedures, utility programs, government grants, etc.
- Manage marketing activities such as LinkedIn posts, email blasts, etc.
- BA/BS in environmental policy, engineering, computer science or other related fields
- Master’s degree preferred but not required
- 5+ years experience in energy consulting and/or lighting and mechanical systems for commercial buildings or related field
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Outstanding collaboration, communication and customer skills
- Ability to travel locally as needed
- CEM preferred but not required
- Strong preference for candidates familiar with:
- HVAC systems and controls
- Building automation and control systems
- Power quality and reliability improvements
- Utility rate structures and efficiency programs in the New England region
- Solar PV, solar thermal, wind, CHP, and other on-site generation technologies
RPM is passionate about helping companies develop and implement sustainability strategies that serve their mission and protect the environment. Our culture promotes an entrepreneurial spirit, collaboration, personal growth, curiosity, and empowerment. Self-motivation, flexibility and passion will make you a strong fit for our team. Your success opens the door to advancement.
RPM offers a competitive salary and bonus program based on individual and company performance. Benefits include PTO, paid holidays, employer-matching 401(k), health insurance contribution, tuition reimbursement, flexible work hours including some telecommuting, and the opportunity to make an impact within the company and in the world.