Full-Time Sustainability Manager
Position Overview: The Sustainability Manager will develop and implement environmental, societal, and sustainability strategies in company operations which uphold and work towards finding new, innovative and economically reductive ways to stay green. The position will be responsible for overseeing the sustainability program alignment with corporate business strategy and ensure performance beyond compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, including but not limited to EPA, OSHA, SQF and corporate guidelines.
- Service ethic and careful listener
- Strategic thinker with understanding of systems development to support strategy
- Pragmatic and focused on larger goals within resource constraints
- Quick learner and problem solver
- Can connect the dots between different interests and align them
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects with different goals and teams
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to relate to all internal levels as well as interface with external partners
- Knowledge of sustainability best practices
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong research and numeric analysis abilities
- Excellent time management and adaptability in a fast-paced and growing company
Essential Job Functions
- Engagement and Education. Be the company’s subject matter expert to guide implementation of our sustainability strategy to benefit our employees, society, and planet. Work to embed a sustainability ethic throughout the company. Work with the Director of Food Safety and Quality to develop annual scope and strategies to ensure maximum participation levels from all business units. Develop and present meeting content, identify and schedule outside speakers and information contributors. Lead selection, planning and execution of key annual events, and provide overall guidance to the team to ensure that Company objectives are achieved.
- Sustainability program development and project management. Assess existing programs. Identify gaps and needs and collaboratively build out programs. Develop and maintain an internal professional network that supports this role and contributes to information sharing and collaboration. Work with company growth planning to embed sustainability considerations into daily business functions. Support the Director of Food Safety and Quality and the Sustainability Committee to ensure that corporate strategies include appropriate sustainability objectives and build resilience into all corporate processes. Be an advocate for all internal and third-party programs administered by the Company that contribute towards Corporate, Company and Government sustainability goals.
- Performance Management and Tracking. Build out tracking and reporting for all Company sustainability efforts. Identify and partner with any/all internal business units (and personnel) that contribute information towards sustainability metrics, and direct the quarterly and annual collection, organization, analysis and reporting of environmental sustainability data for the Company. Monitor for new legislation, policies, or mandates that will affect Bob’s Red Mill programs, and help develop systems for compliance, responsibility, metrics and outcomes tracking.
- Supply chain, Certification, Advocacy and Relationship Management. Lead the Department’s supply chain development around codes of conduct and monitoring and assessment for certification schemes, chains of custody, and regulatory agencies. Ensure the accuracy and validity of all the data collected for this program. Develop strategic partnerships in the supply chain, transition to organic programs, and other value added social and environmental health and safety components.
- Customer and Stakeholder Communications. Support Community Relations, Marketing, Media and Communications, Regional Public Affairs, Human Resources, Safety, Customer Services, and other business units as necessary to position the Company as a sustainability leader. Work with department project managers, subject matter experts (SMEs) and team leads to identify gaps, project-specific and/or focused outreach needs. Work collaboratively to ensure sustainability messaging is high-quality, consistent, and effective. Identify and attend key conferences or external events that will help position the company as a sustainability leader.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has no direct reports but will lead the Sustainability committee and will be a project manager and coordinator, working with each department across the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in related field
- 5 years of experience and/or master’s degree related to project design, management, and education for sustainability
- Proficiency with Tableau (or other business intelligence tools), Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Position requires the ability to sit for up to approximately two hours at a time, and retrieve information and documents from department staff within and outside the office area.
- May be required to occasionally lift items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Covid protocols are in place following all relevant guidelines. Normally, in-office work is required 5 days/week.
- The primary work environment for this position is within an office setting, with 20% of time in manufacturing environment. Some elevated noise and exposure to mechanical equipment during operation.
- Remote work as needed. Some travel is expected.
What you should know: Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
How to ApplyPlease go to our careers website and apply directly to the Sustainability Manager position HERE.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405