Full-Time Sustainability Coordinator
Imagine living and working in a community that has received the State Governor’s Environmental Award, is a recipient of Alliant Energy’s Hometown Rewards Program for energy use reduction, and whose previous Mayor was named by MSN.com to a nationwide list of 15 “green” mayors! Imagine a community that has recently been selected as the first statewide “Resilient Iowa Communities” pilot site. This is Fairfield, and we are looking for a leader to help take our community to the next level; an energetic self-starter to foster its existing and new sustainability initiatives.
These efforts reflect interests of a broad range of public and private stakeholders, and we seek an enthusiastic coordinator to shepherd those interests into a more resilient future for this burgeoning and unique multi-cultural, innovative and
You Will be Leading the Community Toward a Resilient and Sustainable Future by:
- Analyzing, evaluating and implementing sustainability projects with the community in areas such as waste stream management, green building practices, food scarcity and renewable energy systems.
- Facilitating partnerships across community sectors; promoting citizen participation in authoring a new community sustainability plan.
- Researching, evaluating, and pursuing relevant grant opportunities to support these initiatives.
- Educating the public and key stakeholders on the potential benefit of sustainability projects by promoting them to local organizations, the media, businesses and academic institutions.
What We are Hoping You Will Bring to the Job:
- Knowledge of and passion for the emerging field of sustainability.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in environmental science, planning, community organizing, and/or equivalent experience in sustainability fields.
- Strong group facilitation skills and a passion for working with people.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, social media, and database tools.
- Ability to synthesize complex content and use visual tools to communicate concepts, ideas, and information to a range of stakeholders.
- Experience collecting, tracking, and analyzing data related to sustainability and improved performance.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle for local use.
Salary Range and Benefits
Salary range is $46,000 to $56,000 annually, depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits include a SIMPLE IRA (3% match), healthcare benefit, holidays, and paid vacation. The position is a three-year pilot program; extension may be possible.
How to Apply
- Application Process: Submit applications to Pathfinders RC&D, Inc. (a 501(c)3 organization) at 304 S. Maple Street, Suite 101, Fairfield, IA 52556, or firstname.lastname@example.org with the header, “Sustainability Coordinator Application.”
- Application deadline is May 7, 2022. Include: (1) a cover letter with a statement of interest and (2) a resume.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Pathfinders RC&D is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any person based on race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Pathfinders’ employees support and participate in equal opportunity and civil rights program activities and adhere to bias-free written and oral communications in all activities.
- Click here to view a complete job description on our website.