Full-Time Sustainability Coordinator
Join Our Award Winning EcoServices Team!
Kirksey Architecture is seeking a new or recent college graduate with up to two years work experience for an entry-level position with our Sustainability team. We seek a person with a passion for green building and sustainability to coordinate documentation of LEED projects. The position includes primarily LEED and other green building certification data management and coordination with the potential for future growth into green building research. The ideal candidate will be methodical, well-organized, eager to explore the details of the LEED rating systems, able to manage time effectively, and good at working in groups and with teams. The job requires reading detailed architectural drawings and specifications, and understanding building industry terms. The selected candidate will have to learn this skill quickly, if they don’t have it already. Candidates with school or work projects reflecting knowledge of green building and especially LEED are strongly preferred.
- Study and thoroughly learn all credits in the LEED New Construction, Core & Shell, Interiors green building rating systems, and the concepts behind them. Learn multiple LEED compliance paths and interpretations for each credit.
- Learn the basics of other green building rating systems such as SITES, Living Building Challenge and WELL.
- Coordinate with architects across Kirksey to help them understand green building certification concepts and details. Conduct trainings for this same audience.
- Work closely with other members of the Kirksey sustainability team to identify priorities and precedents for LEED projects.
- Solicit, organize, and enter many types of LEED documentation data for multiple projects at once. Data must be managed for accuracy and compliance with requirements.
- Optimize processes for LEED data collection and application.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Sustainability, Environmental Studies, Architecture, or related field, preferably with some knowledge of architecture or other building fields.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work simultaneously with many people across teams.
- Ability to pick up new knowledge quickly.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Web/Computer savvy: MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Adobe Acrobat. LEED documentation will be in the LEED Online program.
- Graphics programs a plus.
- Dependable and able to work without close supervision.
- Detail-attentive with an ability to multitask.
- LEED AP or GA preferred. Candidates without a LEED AP BD&C or ID&C credential will be expected to earn one within the first six months of work.