Full-Time Sustainability Analyst (Remote)
Role: Sustainability Analyst (Remote)
Reports to: CEO
Direct Reports: 0
World Centric is a B Corp that aims to reduce waste through the sale of plant-based food service products and contribute to the betterment of humanity by donating up to 25% of all profits towards causes impacting people and planet. We are 65 people in Sonoma County, CA and we welcome candidates from all walks of life.
The Sustainability Analyst can be a fully remote role, or in office at our Sonoma County office in CA. Salary starting at $75k and negotiable upwards based on experience.
The Sustainability Analyst will oversee the execution of consulting services and research for World Centric to effectively communicate to current and potential customers sustainability metrics for our business and products. The primary goal of this role is to enable World Centric customers to make better sustainability decisions, using the most accurate data, testing and insights currently available.
- Create LCA and Impact Assessment reports/graphs of materials used for World Centric products.
- Provide comparative analysis of materials to evaluate environmental and social impact.
- Research/analyze validity of LCI data, if and when it does not meet common sense expectations
- Provide consulting services to customers for reducing their environmental footprint through LCA, carbon accounting or other methods.
- Support the World Centric sales and marketing team when challenging sustainability inquiries are received from the marketplace and the media
Internal Sustainability Practices
- Calculate end to end carbon emissions and set future emissions reduction goals
- Evaluate overall supply chain and recommend measures for improved sustainability to reduce overall footprint
- Create an annual company sustainability report.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sustainability with focus on LCA
- Advanced knowledge and experience using GaBi or other LCA tool
- Education Level: Min BA/BS degree in field related to environmental science, analytics, or sustainability
- Experience communicating technical and complex topics in an easy to understand, compelling manner
- Understanding of LCI, available datasets, LCA system boundaries and modeling.
- Knowledge of common plastics, biopolymers, recycled and other commonly used materials in packaging a plus
- Understanding of general manufacturing processes for energy, water and other inputs a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical skills with the ability to pull important patterns and messages out of complex information
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
How to ApplyClick here to apply online.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405