Full-Time Sustainability Accounting Associate
We are seeking an Accounting Associate to support SEI and our sustainability-focused K through Workforce programs. In this role you will be responsible for a wide range of accounting duties while collaborating with and supporting the Accounting Department. We are in search of a quick learner who possesses a naturally analytical mind, enjoys challenge and problem solving, is extremely detail-oriented, takes care to be accurate with those details, and would enjoy joining and interacting with our stellar staff. This is a fast-paced position that offers a variety of duties and responsibilities and requires deft prioritization skills.
We are proud to provide a collaborative work environment filled with people who are driven to make a difference in our communities! SEI is a teams-based, non-profit organization based in the Bay Area, CA dedicated to building leaders to drive sustainability solutions. For over 24 years, SEI has partnered with schools, communities, and businesses to develop a sustainability leadership pathway from elementary school to early career. Our flagship programs educate and empower students, workers, and emerging professionals to create thriving, resilient communities.
ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enter and maintain employee and account data in Quickbooks
- Track donations from multiple sources, process matching gifts, and communicate with donors
- Review staff expenses and timecards for accuracy and completion
- Track and file various important documents (W-9s, ACH Authorizations, approved invoices, etc.)
- Collaborate with accounting team to establish or update written policies and procedures as needed
- Enter and review detailed and minute data for accuracy
- Assist with various federal state, local, and accounting related compliance items
- Assist with various additional accounting tasks and projects, including creating spreadsheets, organizing, tracking, filing, data entry, phone calls, etc
- Associates or Bachelors degree in accounting or two plus years of work experience in accounting or similar field. Bonus points for experience with nonprofit accounting
- Access to reliable transportation for work-related commitments
- Genuine commitment to anti-racism and willingness to work in racial equity frameworks and experience in addressing racism and racial equity with team members and programmatically.
- Experience working with QuickBooks or closely related accounting software
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Solid basic tech knowledge and comfort with electronic communications and data management including G-Mail, G-Drive, and Slack (Wrike knowledge is a plus)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- This is a full-time position, with a flexible schedule of 3 days per week work from home and 2 days in our main office in San Rafael, CA.
- Paid sick and vacation time, 14 paid holidays per year
- A starting wage of $30 an hour
- SEI-paid health insurance; dental, vision, chiropractic plan
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with employer match after one year
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
We seek candidates that share SEI’s commitment to equity and environmental justice, who share a commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices.