Full-Time Supply Chain Coordinator (Two Positions, Location Flexible)
NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 250+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
Our organization and our activities are growing, and in this context, we are seeking two Supply Chain Coordinators! One will be based in the southeast region, the other on the east coast or Texas (other locations may be considered).
In the role of Supply Chain Coordinator, you will coordinate and manage the execution of NEPCon’s supply chain certification services for a subset of existing NEPCon clients in the US and Canada. You will be directly involved in all aspects of supply chain certification audits including scheduling, project management, on-site auditing, customer service, management of contract auditors and quality control.
This position is multi-faceted and includes the tasks below:
- Coordinate the execution of supply chain audits in the US and Canada to include budgeting, service contracts, team identification, logistical planning, support to consultants, report review, liaison with clients and finalize reports for approval. Monitor and maintain the status of the certificate portfolio (activations, suspensions, terminations, changes in scope, updating customer data, etc.).
- Develop and implement annual audit schedules and ensure timely and efficient completion of annual audits within NC and FSC timeliness requirements. Maintain up-to-date client and engagement information in Salesforce.
- Act as auditor on selected assessments and audits. Work with team members and consultants to ensure that all audits in portfolio are accounted for.
- Deliver audit deliverables (i.e. audit report) in a timeframe in accordance with NC and FSC timeliness goals.
- Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under his/her responsibilities.
- Coordinate with consultants on agreement scope of work and subsequent deliverables.
- Provide customer service to current and potential clients to include, but not limited to, providing information about certification, guidance on interpretation of certification standards and trademark use.
- Develop strong expertise in NEPCon and FSC supply chain policies and protocols.
- Act as primary point of contact in supply chain client correspondence and responding to inquiries relating to supply chain certification.
- Provide monthly expense and progress reports to the Manager, Supply Chain.
- Provide input for policy development and technical improvements to the certification system.
- Manage and maintain technical and administrative databases (e.g., Salesforce, FSC and other NEPCon databases services).
- Provide certification administration services support for clients in the region.
- Conduct RRA as a technical reviewer.
- Other duties/special projects as assigned.
- You hold a Bachelors’ degree required, concentration in Forest Products, Forestry, Natural Resource Management or related field preferred.
- You are FSC Lead Auditor qualified or have the ability to become qualified within 3 months:
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in the forest product industry, forestry, paper and print industry or related field
- Successful completion of an accredited FSC Lead Auditor training course (can be completed internally, provided by NEPCon).
- You have strong word processing, databases, spreadsheets and presentation skills.
- You are fluent in English (our organisational language) and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. If you also speak French, that is a plus!
- You preferably have environment management system auditor experience.
- Your knowledge of NEPCon certification and/or FSC certification is a plus.
- · You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- · You are well organised and able to maintain structure in your work.
- · You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach.
- · You are proactive and can think one step ahead.
- · Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you excel at it!
- · You are a robust person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- · You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- · You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 35 hours/week (full-time with competitive benefits package)
- The position reports to our Manager, Supply Chain
- Working location: home-based
- Valid driver’s license and ability to rent a car
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have opportunities to contribute to the overall development of NEPCon through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by NEPCon
- Potential international travel opportunities
How to Apply
|Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 13 March 2020 via the NEPCon website: https://www.nepcon.org/about-us/careers Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in the United States will be considered. NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.|
|For questions, please contact: Jeff Sokol Regional Director, United States & Canada Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|