Full-Time Supervising Environmental Services Specialists – Climate Smart San Jose
The Environmental Services Department is recruiting two (2) Supervising Environmental Services Specialists (SESSs) to expand and accelerate efforts to implement the Climate Smart San Jose plan and to reach the City’s carbon emission reduction goals. Among other duties, these positions will work across departments to develop, refine, and/or implement Climate Smart initiatives such as: building electrification, updated building codes, Climate Smart Challenge, and the Zero Emissions Neighborhoods pilot. Additionally, these positions will support grant funding opportunities and implement community engagement programs.
Note: these positions are presently “overstrength” and funded through June 30, 2022. They are proposed to become permanent in the City’s 2022-2023 budget, effective July 1, 2022.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple Supervising Environmental Services Specialist positions. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
1. Education: Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Environmental Studies, Environmental Health, Public Health, or other major related to the assigned program area.
2. Experience: Four years of increasingly responsible experience in developing, promoting, and implementing environmental programs similar to those of the City of San Jose, including two years of progressively responsible supervisory experience or lead responsibility for other professional staff.
3. Acceptable Substitutions: Additional years of experience in developing, promoting, and implementing environmental programs may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis.
4. Licenses or Certificates: Possession of a valid State of California Class C driver’s license may be required. Designated positions may require a valid State of California Environmental Health Specialist registration pursuant to California Health & Safety Code, Sections 106600-106735.
5. Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San Jose will NOT sponsor, represent or sign any documents related to visa applications/transfers for H1-B or any other type of visa which requires an employer application.
How to Apply
- Please apply on the City of San Jose's webpage or by using this link
- Deadline to apply is May 31st @11:59P.M.