Internship Summer 2020 Internship
The International Council on Clean Transportation is an award-winning global environmental organization dedicated to providing policy-relevant research to government officials in the world’s largest vehicle markets in the U.S., Europe, China, India, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, and more. Jumpstart your career by joining our team of more than 50 talented engineers with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin and Beijing!
If you’d like to use your intellect and hard work to help address two of the world’s most pressing environmental problems – urban air pollution and global climate change – then this is a position you should consider. ICCT offers internships to provide students with the opportunity to enhance their current skills and to support their academic curriculum for careers in the transportation sector.
Internship Program Topic Areas
Interns will work on a project under one of our programs listed below. Exact project placement will be based on relevant experience and best fit for the intern, taking project availability into consideration.
- Compliance & Enforcement
- Electric Vehicles
- Heavy Duty Vehicles
- Passenger Vehicles
- Contribute to research projects through data collection and analysis, incorporate data into ICCT’s modeling tools, and other similar activities;
- Outreach and data collection of stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Write short papers and other media products on the future of clean transportation in the U.S. and around the world with guidance from ICCT researchers;
- Contribute to relevant policy analysis to support clean transportation regulations;
- Present reports and other bodies of work in both written and verbal form.
- Current college student (undergraduate or graduate) with a strong academic record in engineering, transportation, science, policy, economics, or related field;
- Demonstrated interest in vehicle technology, climate change, air quality, energy, environment, public health, or related topics; familiarity with environmental and energy challenges in the transportation sector preferred;
- Excellent and demonstrated quantitative, analytical, and research skills;
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal, proficiency in a second language strongly preferred; and
- Great organization and collaboration skills combined with flexibility and a positive attitude.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position in either our Washington, D.C. or San Francisco, CA office. The internships offer an hourly rate of $18-28 (based on location) and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as paid time off after an introductory period.