Full-Time Strategic Partnerships Manager
Strategic Partnerships Manager
$65,00 – $80,000/year DOE
South Lake Tahoe
Please click here to APPLY on our website
The League to Save Lake Tahoe (the League) is searching for a highly-motivated Strategic Partnerships Manager (SPM) for one of the world’s foremost conservation/environmental brands: Keep Tahoe Blue. This is a great career move for an experienced communicator or brand builder who wants to have real impact on environmental issues.
Founded in 1957, the League is the oldest and largest environmental organization focused on protecting Lake Tahoe. Our brand, Keep Tahoe Blue, is known throughout the world and is a model for marketing and messaging to protect a valuable resource. The League is a solutions-based, innovative organization that values work/life balance, professionalism, transparency, and credibility. Our team reflects these core values and supports one another to achieve our annual goals.
As a key part of the League’s ability to connect its mission to a growing number of opportunities in and around the Tahoe Basin, the SPM will manage relationships on the League’s behalf while elevating our brand and reputation as the Basin’s leading environmental organization. To do this, the SPM will develop scalable local partnerships that increase the League’s brand awareness and engagement with new customer segments in local communities, while simultaneously positioning the League as a leading authority in environmental conservation efforts, and advancing sustainability by counseling partners to pursue Lake-friendly initiatives.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, this position plays a vital role in the League’s business development, by building mutually beneficial relationships through the development of processes, efficiencies, and tools to elevate the League’s reach and advance partner impact. (Local marketing activities may include events, community partnerships, brand partnerships, local government affairs, and other culturally relevant brand engagement programs that attract new customers, drive donations, and connect the League’s mission to locals, tourists, and other communities.) Externally, the SPM will be a spokesperson for the organization, building trust with partners and advancing mutually beneficial goals. Internally, the SPM will play the role of project manager, working across the League’s departments (including Community Engagement, Communications, and Fundraising) to manage workflows and ensure deadlines are being met to fulfill expectations of partnerships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Coordinate the management of existing relationships and leverage those relationships to greater collective impact for the League, the partner, and the Tahoe environment
- Develop a comprehensive and scalable partnership strategy and identify top prospects that will help reach our partnership strategy goals
- Externally, serve as primary project liaison for all signed partnerships. Manage projects start to finish including cross-divisional planning, execution, acknowledgements, ROI analysis and recaps
- Internally, partner with cross-departmental teams to coordinate strategic partnership execution, including: marketing, community engagement/volunteers support, fundraising support, and policy/advocacy
- Act as liaison for the League’s auxiliary boards
- Represent the League strategically at local and regional events
- Speak on behalf of the organization with a proficient knowledge of issues and programs
- Organize and oversee execution of events relevant to partnerships
- Pitch fundraising opportunities to partners when viable
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Someone with a passion for the outdoors and alignment with the League’s mission to protect, restore, and advocate for the ecosystem health and scenic beauty of the Lake Tahoe Basin
- A seasoned and professional relationship builder, marketer, or brand expert who is customer-centric and understands the value of community relationships
- A track record of connecting a highly respected brand to local communities in an authentic and relevant way
- Ability to serve as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders and senior-level management
- Experience managing strategic partnerships or brand marketing programs from concept to execution
- Experience managing external partners or vendors
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style based on audience (executive, community, business partners, etc.)
- Ability to identify, prospect, and contact high-level decision-makers in prospective businesses and cultivate client relationships
- A strong track record of converting relationships into strong financial and public facing partnerships
Preferred Job Skills
- Familiarity with Lake Tahoe environmental and policy issues
- Understanding of regulations, nuances of nonprofit accounting, fundraising, required forms, and governance is a plus
- This job does not require a college degree, but we do expect your professional experience to demonstrate your skills and ability to succeed in this role
- Employees are required to have a vehicle that is in good working order, and will be required to show proof of current valid driving license, vehicle registration, and current effective insurance coverage on or before the first day of employment. As a condition of employment, an employee must carry, at their own expense, the minimum automobile insurance coverage for property damage and public liability. Employee’s vehicle should be well maintained, able to function in any and all weather conditions including heavy snow, and must be dependable for trips to and around the Lake Tahoe Basin, Bay Area, Reno, and Sacramento. If an employee does not have such a vehicle they may rent one at their own expense.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for significant periods of time
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and Google applications
- Position requires some physical activity such as bending, stooping, lifting, and carrying. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Attend weekly staff meetings, staff retreats, and activities
- Attend and assist with mandatory League events, including without limitation, community engagement and fundraising events
- Maintain skill level through continuing education and ongoing training
WHAT WE OFFER
Established in 1957, the League to Save Lake Tahoe is the oldest and largest environmental nonprofit in the Lake Tahoe Basin. You’ve likely seen our iconic Keep Tahoe Blue sticker. Keep Tahoe Blue means so much more than showing your love for Lake Tahoe. A position at the League allows you to be part of a dynamic team that has been advocating for strong environmental protections of a national treasure for the last 65 years.
As a member of the League, you will enjoy:
- A dynamic and exceptional team of enjoyable coworkers
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance 100% covered by the company for employees
- $125/month corporate contribution to Health Savings Account (HSA) with select health plan choice
- IRA match up to 3% of employee’s salary
- Vacation leave, paid volunteer time off, plus 13 paid holidays and extra paid time off between 12/25 and 1/1
- Pet-friendly environment
- Merchandise discounts and credit
- A flexible hybrid work environment
- And MUCH more!