Full-Time Sr. Research Analyst – ESG
The Senior Research Analyst is responsible for conducting advanced level environmental, social, and governance (ESG) and holistic fundamental research for current and potential investments for the ESG team.
- Research, monitor, and benchmark corporate sustainability policies, practices, and performance across material environmental, social, and governance issues.
- Prepare equity research reports including company overview, industry and competitive analysis, valuation and other relevant information based on qualitative and fundamental factors.
- Monitor fundamental targets for current and prospective holdings on a regular basis and in response to changing market conditions, company events and industry news. Make buy/sell recommendations as appropriate.
- Stay current on ESG trends and developments and provide recommendations to the team for enhancements in the strategy or approach.
- Coordinate the implementation of investment decisions.
- Meet with portfolio specialists, clients, consultants, prospects as necessary to review the investment process, portfolio construction, individual positions, performance and attribution.
- Handle ad-hoc requests from various team members.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience as a research analyst in a financial services environment and at least 5 years of experience in an ESG-related strategy development, financial analysis or research role is required.
- A passion for ESG investing combined with a strong work ethic, integrity, and a commitment to individual development.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Candidate must be able to work from one of the following Calamos Office locations: Chicago (IL), Naperville (IL), New York (NY), Portland (OR).