Full-Time Sr. Data Analyst
Department Description: This position, under the direction of BIDMC Sustainability Program Manager, will provide leadership to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center’s Sustainability Program. This effort will work collaboratively with the Environmental Sustainability Committee and partner organizations to assess the impact of all programs in alignment with the overall vision and goals to lead BIDMC to become a national leader in sustainable healthcare. This new position will create sustainability databases and maintain records to ensure all data is accurate, timely, and flexible in the areas of water, energy, transportation, responsible procurement, waste, engagement, and healthy building. They will establish data collection methodologies, consolidate, validate, clean, and standardize our sustainability data to track towards sustainability metrics and goals to increase transparency across the facility. They will be responsible for identifying data-driven program opportunities and measuring effectiveness of environmental impact reductions across the health system. They will provide analytics to support grant and award applications to increase funding and recognition as sustainability leaders. The goal of the Sustainability Department is to minimize the environmental and public health impacts of all hospital activities, including patient care and research, in order to serve our patients compassionately and effectively, and to create a healthy future. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and innovator with the enthusiasm and passion to stay up to date with the latest trends, technology, and opportunities to continue to integrate sustainability into BIDMC’s operations.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 41844BR
Job Summary: Manages multiple complex data projects simultaneously. Serves as primary point of contact for report requests for business unit. Leverages software applications to design solutions, performs detailed data mapping and analysis and reviews all data for accuracy and reasonableness prior to distribution. Produces business, research or clinical intelligence for key stakeholders.
- Manages one or more complex data projects. Utilizes hospital systems and database applications to update and analyze data. Prepares and distributes various reports to key stakeholders. Meets with departmental leadership to review reports or requests for data.
- Maintains integrity and quality of data and assures data conformity meets operational requirements and goals. Acts as a central resource and integral member of data collection team. Assists in planning, establishing and monitoring criteria for data collection. Trains department staff on data acquisition methods. Extracts data from multiple sources. Audits and resolves all issues.
- Ensures application access is in compliance with all regulatory and medical center practices. Acts as gatekeeper for
application. Sets and defines user access and determines level of access. Reports all security risks to the
- Collaborates with IS to obtain and maintain applications used for data collection and reporting. Recommends tools,
upgrades and alternatives. Assists in the development of application security and back-up plans. Coordinates
interface solution with multiple applications.
- Designs and develops reporting and analysis tools. Interprets data and refines analysis. Prepares and presents
comprehensive reports. Develops forms, tables and other data tools in the applications that capture, report and
consolidate data. Provides application data collection, analytics and reporting expertise. Completes analytics in a
timely and efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Allied Health, or other related..
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- 3-5 years of multiple application maintenance with relational databases.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Application Certification for one of the applications used in the department.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement