Internship Special Projects Intern
The Climate Reality Project is a nonprofit organization founded by former US Vice President Al Gore. Our mission is to catalyze a global solution to the climate crisis by making urgent action a necessity across every sector of society.
At The Climate Reality Project, we come to work every day to help solve the climate crisis. We do it by working from the ground up, empowering people and communities worldwide to fight for their future and together drive a just transition to clean energy.
We are committed to building a more just and equitable world, one where all voices are heard and respected regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical ability. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other historically marginalized communities. We encourage applicants to read our diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice statement on our website.
Internship Program: The goal of our internship program is to provide a high-quality learning experience that helps to form the foundation for a career in the climate change or environmental movement for a diverse group of individuals seeking hands-on work experience in the field.
We offer paid internships in three cycles (spring, summer, fall) that align to typical college semesters. Each cycle runs for approximately 10-15 weeks. We ask for a 15-20 hour minimum commitment per week. Interns will be allowed to work a maximum of 30 hours per week. The internship opportunities are in a variety of programs and departments that will vary from cycle to cycle. Every Climate Reality intern is assigned a mentor who works closely with them to help navigate the organization, create overall objectives, and oversee their work plan.
Interns will be paid $15.20 per hour and will be provided a Climate Reality laptop to use during their internship.
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote interns who work/reside in the following states for the summer 2022 cycle: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, NC, NY, NV, OR, PA, TN, TX, and VA.
Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States. Students and non-traditional students are encouraged to apply.
Department Overview: The Climate Reality Project is looking for an intern to join our Special Projects team to assist with research, program support, and logistics for our upcoming events. The Special Projects team plans, organizes and executes events, including Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings, to give changemakers the knowledge, networks, and tools to solve the climate crisis.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
• Researching background information on potential speakers and topics for upcoming Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings;
• Assisting with large-scale training events including organizing recruitment, event logistics, and registration assistance;
• Responding to inquiries from the public as well as registrants and trainees regarding our upcoming training events;
• Supporting data and content management projects;
• Proofreading, fact-checking, and editing training material, as well as aggregating and reviewing relevant speaker materials.
• Commitment to working toward a just and equitable climate movement for all;
• Familiarity with climate-related issues;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Good attention to detail;
• Well organized;
• Experience with Microsoft Excel and data management, Salesforce and EveryAction experience a plus;
• Portuguese and/or Spanish proficiency a plus;
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
How to Apply
- To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 references with name, relationship, and contact information to [email protected]. Please use this subject line: Special Projects Internship. Also, let us know in your email with your submission the job site or other source where you found our posting.
- The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social, and recreational activities and termination.