Full-Time Southern Sierra Regional Representative
Work passionately on behalf of the finest long-distance National Scenic Trail in the western United States. Work for the Pacific Crest Trail Association!
The Pacific Crest Trail Association, headquartered in Sacramento, California, is dedicated to protecting, preserving and promoting the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail. The following staff position is currently open:
Regional Representative for the Southern Sierra Region
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Conserve and manage the landscapes and resources that make up the PCT experience
- Work with a wide variety of agency partners and volunteer organizations to protect and enhance the Pacific Crest Trail experience
- Develop and grow effective volunteer programs and partnerships
The Regional Representative, a full-time staff position, is responsible for trail and land management and protection in the PCTA’s Southern Sierra region in collaboration with agency and nonprofit partners. Duty station is yet to be determined but will be located on the southwestern side of the Sierra Nevada. Duties and compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, 11 paid holidays, paid vacation, and paid sick leave. After one year of employment, the employee is eligible for the 401k plan.
We are seeking applicants with:
- A bachelor’s degree in natural resources, recreation, planning or related field or commensurate experience
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience
- Experience building relationships and work collaboratively with land agencies and volunteers
- Experience analyzing and responding to land management planning processes
- Strong organization, writing and speaking skills
- Self-motivated professional performance
- Knowledge of the PCT, National Trails System, and visitor use management
- Trail design, construction and maintenance skills with volunteers and corps crews
Please do not apply for this position without minimum qualifications requested.
Pacific Crest Trail Association is an Equal Opportunity Provider.