Full-Time Southeast Michigan Local Food Coordinator
Taste the Local Difference® (TLD) builds consumer demand for local food and helps farm and food entrepreneurs build successful, well-connected and thoughtful businesses.
TLD’s Local Food Coordinator located in Southeast Michigan is responsible for selling TLD’s print and digital media opportunities to local food businesses in the region, representing TLD at regional meetings and events, and leading marketing projects in collaboration with a team of other TLD marketing assistance providers. Their role is integral to the mission and sustainability of TLD. The ideal candidate has strong sales and marketing experience, is comfortable with both print and digital media, and is interested in supporting the success of local food businesses..
TLD Local Food Coordinator is expected to:
- Meet an annual sales goal of at least $45,000
- Work collaboratively, and communicate closely, with other TLD staff
- Develop sales leads for TLD services in Southeast Michigan
- Consistently complete required CRM tasks
- Present themselves professionally in both written and verbal communications
- Act in a manner consistent with TLD’s core values and founding principles
- Assist local food businesses with their marketing strategy and content development
- Strength in building and maintaining authentic relationships
- Sales and marketing experience
- Strong writing and content creation skills
- Basic understanding of website building (coding not required)
- Comfort with cold calls and in-person visits (when applicable)
- Quick learner
- Self directed and comfortable with remote based work
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- An interest in local food systems
How to Apply
- Taste the Local Difference® is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans to apply.
- This full-time position has a salary of $30,000 with 20% commission and bonuses at sales benchmarks. It includes healthcare after 60 days of employment. This staff member is expected to be living in Southeast Michigan preferably in Washtenaw County or Metro Detroit.
- Applicants should apply online at localdifference.org/se and include an updated resume.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405