Full-Time Solutions Engineer
This is a technical role focused on the success of our direct and partner sales organizations. You will wear many hats, will learn a lot, and can have a significant impact on our rapidly growing business.
Vigilent is pioneering the use of IoT, machine learning and prescriptive analytics to deliver real-time cooling optimization in mission-critical environments. Vigilent reduces operating costs, unlocks stranded capacity, and increases reliability in hundreds of data center and telecom facilities worldwide. Our mission is to increase the profitability of our customers and create a more sustainable planet.
- Be a technical wing-person supporting direct and partner sales teams as they engage with large datacenter and telecom customers across many global markets.
- Train strategic distribution partners on the product, how to sell it, and supporting tools. Actively support them to close business.
- Participate in customer discovery meetings to understand their challenges and how Vigilent can solve them. Deliver technical presentations and compelling system demos – on-site, by phone, and through web conferences – to showcase product features and differentiators to technical personnel and customer leadership.
- Perform site assessments to determine the value Vigilent can deliver in terms of increased facility reliability, increased capacity, and energy savings.
- Be a technical resource to resolve application fit issues. Provide input to improve Vigilent products. Improve sales tools and customer deliverables. Investigate and understand competitors and how to sell against them using our products.
- As a member of the sales team, actively participate in the request for proposal process by defining the technical portions of the strategy and response.
- Attend customer meetings with sales to present the solution and assist in closing strategic business.
- After project installation, conduct M&V analyses and prepare reports, including energy savings analyses.
- Participate in industry conferences.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience conducting energy efficiency analysis, and modeling facility energy consumption and familiarity with mechanical controls and cooling systems.
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to understand client needs, and converse fluently with customers’ and partners’ technical personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain complex engineering technologies.
- Strong project management skills, capable of prioritizing and working in a fast-paced environment and being accountable for contributing to revenue and profitability targets.
- Periodic travel (20%) will be required (both domestic and global).
- Must be able to pass a background security check, including a drug screening.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in data centers or other mission critical facilities.
- Experience in building automation systems, HVAC design and construction, and/or energy efficiency consulting.
- European Language skills a plus.
Job Location: Oakland, CA
Start Date: ASAP
Hire Type: Full-Time Permanent Employee, Direct Hire
Benefits: Full Benefits Package including health, dental, vision, stock options, and more
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vigilent Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds. Vigilent participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.