Full-Time Solar Sales Representative
This position is responsible for solar business development in the USA and worldwide, advancement of the company’s brand and market position, managing and growing existing customers and assisting in the sales of the company’s products and services in its markets. .
Identify, qualify and develop leads, prepare proposals, present and close sales with purchasers of solar equipment, channel partners and key suppliers of equipment or projects using solar products and solar systems.
Entering required information manually or in the company’s future Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and provide sales forecasts for business planning and inventory control.
Identify and develop qualified channel partners as required to further solar system sales.
- Prospect, qualify, present and close sales with current and new customers.
- Research, understand and anticipate the needs of the customer.
- Develop and present technical and commercial solutions.
- Provide after-sales support to customers.
- Respond to RFIs/RFPs/RFQs and generate proposals to build a sales pipeline.
- Follow-up on proposals to customers.
- Coordinate, collaborate, communicate and direct the company’s resources to meet customer needs and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the development and delivery of sales tools, presentations, product demonstrations, training sessions, etc.
- Hold customer training sessions with key product suppliers.
- Support marketing and sales efforts by attending and working trade shows, conferences, and seminars.
- Gather market intelligence and communicate to the organization.
- Convey technical and commercial customer requirements to the organization.
- Produce sales forecasts, sales plans, call reports and other reports as requested.
- Maintain databases for customer contacts and sales opportunities/pipeline.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in solar PV sales.
- Proven success selling technology as a financial solution into a complex sales environment with both financial and technical buyers.
- Excellent presentation, listening, negotiation and closing skills.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner with a wide variety of customers at all management levels, including end users, contractors, consulting engineers, EPCs and others.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks while meeting deadlines, prioritizing sales opportunities, meeting commitments and working well with internal support teams.
- Knowledge of commercial solar module technologies, solar inverters, racking systems, complete PV systems, installation practices, and performance measurements is required. Working knowledge of Helioscope software is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the sales and construction cycles in residential and commercial solar projects, both ground mount and rooftop applications.
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time throughout North America, with occasional overseas travel.
- Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, with a strong selling aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to organize and prioritize work in a multi-tasking environment to meet goals.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint, plus email and internet browsers.
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the U.S.
- Knowledge of an additional language, such as Spanish, is a plus.