Full-Time Solar Programs, Senior Project Manager (Remote Eligible)
At Energy Solutions we focus on the big impacts. And we believe that market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver large-scale energy, carbon and water-use savings. For 27 years we’ve harnessed that power to offer proven, performance-based solutions for our utility, government, and institutional customers.
Our turnkey products accelerate energy efficiency; enable distributed energy resources; promote market development for beneficial products; and provide technical and policy support to set smart energy standards at the local, state, and national levels. Because of our focus on the market, our innovative products scale quickly and often deliver the majority of our clients’ energy savings.
How do we do it? We look at the market end-to-end to target the best new technologies, work with key partners in the supply chain for seamless adoption, and then help governments and our market partners set rules that require people to use these beneficial technologies.
Why do we do it? Simply put, our market-based products deliver environmental and resource solutions that are better for business and better for society.
We are currently seeking a Senior Solar Program Manager to join our Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) team. As a member of the DERs team, you will design, develop, and run programs that incentivize the adoption of various DERs including distributed solar, energy storage, demand response, microgrids, and electric vehicle grid integration. These leading-edge energy technologies are critical in driving our nation’s progress toward a decarbonized grid, and you will play a material role, both as an individual contributor and leader, in helping our team make this future a reality.
This unique market opportunity, paired with Energy Solutions mission driven approach, creates a perfect environment for individuals who want to have an active voice in shaping a clean energy future.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overall direction, management, quality control and completion of project deliverables
- Developing and managing multiple complex project budgets and tasks with minimal oversight
- Oversee overall operations of large complex programs
- Managing the design and implementation of multiple projects and bringing them to conclusion
- Communicating project progress to management and clients
- Interacting with customers, clients, and external collaborators
- Conducting market research and data analysis
- Tracking of industry trends and other market changes that impact energy efficiency
- Leading proposal content development efforts
- Organizing and facilitating in-person meetings, conference calls, and facilitated collaboration sessions
- Conducting program status meetings, capture escalations, and resolve
- A minimum of eight years of work experience and/or graduate school
- A bachelor’s degree in an energy, engineering, or environmental related discipline
- A minimum of 7 years program management experience
- Demonstrated ability to conduct large collaborative facilitated sessions
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, including risk management and mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to conduct detailed technical and quantitative analysis
- Ability to interact professionally with clients and to serve as the primary point of client contact for some projects
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office (Office365, SharePoint, OneNote)
- Willingness to conduct business travel
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Experience and fluency with the utility incentive program and regulatory framework
- Deep knowledge of solar policies and programs
- Direct experience in incentive program design and implementation
- Six sigma or operations experience preferred
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).