Full-Time Solar Programs, Project Manager
Interested in joining a growing company where you will work with talented colleagues, enhance a supportive and energetic culture, and be part of the climate solution? At Energy Solutions, we focus on the big impacts. And we believe that market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver large-scale energy, carbon and water-use savings. For 27 years, we’ve harnessed that power to offer proven, performance-based solutions for our utility, government, and institutional customers.
We are currently seeking a full-time Solar Programs Project Manager to join our Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) team. As a member of the DERs team, you will assist with driving customer participation in programs that incentivize the adoption of various DERs including; distributed solar, energy storage, demand response, microgrids, and electric vehicle grid integration. These leading-edge energy technologies are critical in driving our nation’s progress toward a decarbonized grid, and you will play a material role in helping our team make this future a reality.
This unique market opportunity, paired with Energy Solutions mission driven approach, creates a perfect environment for individuals who want to have an active voice in shaping the energy future.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overall direction, management, quality control and completion of project deliverables
- Managing project budgets and tasks with minimal oversight
- Developing and following operational processes, interacting, and responding to applicants, updating and tracking project progress
- Facilitating the progress of multiple projects and bringing them to conclusion
- Communicating project progress to management and clients
- Interacting with customers, clients, and external collaborators
- Conducting market research and data analysis
- Application support and processing
- Tracking of industry trends and other market changes that impact solar programs
- Organizing and facilitating in-person meetings and conference calls
- Conducting literature research and analysis
- A bachelor’s degree with an energy focus, preference being towards engineering, environmental science, policy or business
- A minimum of two years of work experience and/or graduate school
- Flexibility and adaptability in regard to project focus
- Demonstrated ability to conduct detailed technical and quantitative analysis
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to interact professionally with clients and present in the primary role
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office
- Ability to work and thrive independently
- Excellent personal accountability and quality control practices
- Willingness to conduct business travel
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check, drug screens are required and authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is a precondition of employment. Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.