Full-Time Soils Sustainability Specialist
Founded in 2018, SustainCERT offers simple, tech-driven solutions for verifying impacts in climate protection, supply chains, and investment products. Our goal is to become the leading provider of best practice GHG accounting and certification across carbon markets and corporate value chains by 2026. Our strategy is to mainstream best practice GHG accounting and certification by making it affordable, accessible, desirable for our clients.
We are the official certification body for Gold Standard for the Global Goals, the most credible and robust standard for measuring, reporting and verifying climate and development impacts. In collaboration with The Gold Standard Foundation, SustainCERT launched the Value Chain Certification solution late 2018 which has now become the benchmark framework for intervention level Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Scope 3 accounting in corporate agriculture value chains.
Reporting to the Head of Research and Innovations, the Soils Sustainability Specialist will serve as in-house technical expertise for the development of methodologies, tools, products and services addressing soils sustainability, and the delivery of related consulting work in the context of environmental markets and reporting frameworks. This position is ideally based in the United States or in Switzerland, but qualified candidates from other countries will be considered.
2. Primary responsibilities and tasks
- Contribute to the development of specifications for the design and prototyping of a toolset applied to customized client sustainability reporting solutions in the agricultural sector.
- Prepare clear and compelling market intelligence reports on innovative approaches to soils related emissions reduction and removals enhancement in the context of carbon market and corporate value chain management.
- Conduct a variety of assessments to support the delivery of client sustainability solutions in the agricultural sector, e.g. corporate and/or product environmental footprinting.
- Prepare clear and compelling reports, presentations of analyses, and recommendations for clients.
- At least 3 years of experience in soil modeling relevant to climate change impacts and benefits within corporate value chains
- Familiarity with existing soil modeling tools (e.g. DNDC, Daycent, COMET, etc.)
- Familiarity with climate change reporting frameworks (e.g. GHG Protocol, SBTi, etc.)
- Experience in working on multiple projects at a time, and prioritizing in order to meet deadlines
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Works independently and on schedule
- Attention to detail and quality
- Curious and creative
- Self-motivation and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English (written and oral); French and/or Spanish is a plus
- PhD or Master’s degree in soil science or similar discipline, with a specialization in climate or sustainability more broadly.
4. Application deadline
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Candidates selected for a first-round interview will be notified by email. Please note that we will not notify you directly if you are not selected for an interview.
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405