Full-Time Soil Carbon Project Analyst
Soil Carbon Project Analyst
Location: Burlington, VT or US-based remote
Since 2000, Native has worked with clients to develop authentic solutions to their sustainability challenges and to implement community-scale projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, strengthen clients’ businesses, and contribute to progress on climate change around the world.
We construct unique project portfolios to meet climate goals, drive business value, and deliver tangible benefits to stakeholder communities – from local conservancies and organizations, to customers, suppliers, employees, and shareholders. Our methods enable communities to engage in sustained actions against climate change, and support companies in realizing their sustainability strategies through investing in new climate projects within their supply chain.
Native’s team of strategists, project developers, environmental scientists, engineers and legal counsel are devoted to strengthening the people, companies, and places at the heart of these initiatives, and we are seeking a Soil Carbon Project Analyst to join our team.
About the role
In this position, you will join Native’s Project Origination and Development team as an instrumental contributor to Native’s growing soil project development and investment programs. Native’s Project team works closely with local partners and stakeholders to explore and expand innovative climate actions. The Soil Carbon Project Analyst will be responsible for working with ranchers and farmers throughout North America and internationally to assess, develop, and manage soil carbon project investment opportunities.
You will contribute to a variety of work including, but not limited to, optimizing, verifying, and presenting soil carbon projects. You’ll actively support existing and new Native projects from technical and business development perspectives, and manage key technical components of projects within Native’s Project team. We are seeking a dynamic individual who is knowledgeable about global climate change issues and passionate about advancing soil carbon sequestration to address climate change.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable both understanding the technical concepts of soil carbon processes, models, and research, and working collaboratively with ranchers, farmers, and agricultural organizations.
As an Analyst, you’ll work closely with project developers and leadership on the Project Origination and Development team to collect, analyze and report in order to support existing and new soil carbon projects. This role reports to the Vice President, Project Origination and Development.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Streamline data management across Native’s project portfolio as needed, including developing and standardizing intake forms, facilitating data interpretation for a variety of stakeholders through reports and additional means, and organizing and managing data related to project emissions (spatial, ecological, and management data)
- Efficiently extract and present key takeaways from project data to internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor project progress and make adjustments as needed, including monitoring raw data from projects and ensuring this data meets necessary standards
- Execution of ecological, process-based models to estimate soil organic carbon stocks based on project activities
- Support carbon validation and verifications of projects, accomplished with third-party verifiers, by managing and developing content related to technical soil carbon project components
- Report internally and externally about project progress and potential barriers
- Collaborate with Native’s client strategy team to support client needs
What you bring:
- Expertise in soil carbon, soils, regenerative or sustainable agriculture
- 2-4 years of professional experience in technical or equivalent role
- Experience collecting field data to quantify soil organic carbon stocks and/or stock changes
- Operational familiarity with one or more soil carbon process models (i.e. DayCent, DNDC, RothC)
- Experience in Geographic Information Systems analysis and mapping Expertise with Microsoft Excel, specifically with regard to statistical analysis
- Familiarity with sampling design, stratification, and lab techniques related to measurement of soil organic carbon stock and/or stock changes
- A proactive commitment to problem solving, taking initiative, and curiosity
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical scientific findings to non-technical stakeholders and decision makers.
- Ability to conduct independent and complex due diligence to ensure equity-equivalent investments are justified
- Excellent communication, presentation, and networking skills
- Ability to work productively both in a team and autonomously
- A process-oriented mindset, comfortable self-organizing to set and meet deadlines with internal and external stakeholders
- Statistics training and experience with monte carlo (or other) types of analysis and simulations
- Additional professional certifications related to modelling, data analysis and reporting, or other relevant software programs
- Working knowledge of climate change issues
- 2-4 years actively managing and developing commercial scale projects or similar project management experience
- Ability to lead and collaborate with stakeholders
- Knowledge about global climate change issues and related climate mitigation strategies
- Experience in Salesforce, Google Workspace, and Asana
- Experience with carbon standards, policy, and creation of Project Design Documents (PDDs)
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- Openness to learning opportunities and skills training
How to ApplyTo submit an application, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Soil Carbon Project Analyst”.
- Native believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, engaged team are key to providing excellent stakeholder experiences. We’re searching for teammates who can enhance our culture and make our business better, and we strive to provide all applicants with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
- Native provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Native complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Please share any feedback on how we can make our recruiting more accessible by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405