Full-Time Software Engineer
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the leading companies in the “internet of things”.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to all parts of our stack, from mobile and web to our distributed service, queuing, and data layers
- Expand and improve our cloud-based, mission-critical, 24×7 production system with stringent uptime requirements
- Maintain and scale our massive pipeline of streaming device, customer, geolocation, and weather data
- Review code and discuss designs
- Work on next-generation demand response and energy efficiency services for utilities
- Work with device manufacturers to integrate even more devices into our platform and support new hardware APIs
- Collaborate with the analytics team to scale our thermal modeling, device control, and energy efficiency algorithms and incorporate them into new platform features
- 3+ years of developer experience, preferably in a small to medium-sized team
- Java experience (preferably Java 8), or a strong desire to learn it is required; other programming interests and technologies are encouraged!
- Experience with at least one scripting language (we use Python)
- Web services and RESTful APIs using Spring
Nice to have:
- Information security experience: PKI, TLS, OAuth, SSO, penetration testing, etc.
- Front end expertise in web (HTML/CSS/JS), Android or iOS
- Modern development tools and processes (automated testing, continuous integration, code review, version control, etc)
- Databases and data processing pipelines (we work with RabbitMQ, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, and S3)
- Cloud administration (preferably AWS + Linux), including instance, networking and security management
WHY WORK FOR ENERGYHUB?
- Make an immediate impact: New employees are given real responsibility and start contributing to the platform right away. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the EnergyHub team.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS, and smart energy technologies.
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We enjoy working alongside others who are smart, collaborative, and focused on solving problems that have never been tackled before. We’re also nice people.
- Be part of something important: Help create the future of how energy is produced and consumed. Make a positive impact on our climate.
- Gain well-rounded experience: Develop expertise across multiple parts of the system.
EnergyHub offers a generous benefits package including 100% paid medical for employees and a 401(k) with employer match. We offer a casual environment, the flexibility to set your own schedule, a fully stocked fridge and pantry, free Citi Bike membership, in-loft bike rack, gym subsidy, and an education assistance program.
EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer