Full-Time Software Engineer
Agile Mile’s mission is to reduce climate change and improve mobility. We’ve been doing this for 20 years by providing governments with transportation demand management (TDM) software to help reduce driving and emissions. To learn more about Agile Mile, please visit agilemile.com.
We’re currently hiring a software engineer to tackle a variety of important tasks, including:
- Design and manage the back end architecture for the Agile Mile platform
- Ensure high levels of up time and adherence to latest data security standards
- Design and maintenance of a scalable, high performance database
- Implementation of back-end REST services
- Cloud-based server deployment and maintenance
- Assist in project planning and architectural design reviews
- Collaborate and troubleshoot with team in the analysis and resolution of bugs
- Research and learn new technologies
Specific skills include:
- Exceptional development skills in core server-side Java on Linux/UNIX using open-source technologies like Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Tomcat, JSP
- Expert-level knowledge of RDBMS (ideally MySQL or MariaDB)
- Experience with Amazon cloud-based technologies including EC2, SNS, SES, and S3
- Experience in developing and consuming REST web services and working in a micro service environment including documentation
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins and Chef
- Familiarity with Ruby
- Familiarity with Maven and GIT for source control and building
- Be comfortable working with large existing code base
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of software and database projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving.
- Strong analytical skills as well as solid capabilities for debugging and troubleshooting.
- A strong desire to help tackle climate change!
All levels of candidates will be considered. It’s ok if you don’t have all of the above skills, just as long as you’re willing to learn. We’re also not looking for any specific educational requirement – just great people. The position is full-time with a great deal of flexibility including a hybrid work schedule. Benefits include great health care, dental, vision, and paid time off, holidays and vacation, as needed.
How to ApplyIf you’re interested, please email us at email@example.com with your LinkedIn profile, resume, or other digital content – share whatever you like so we can get to know you. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405