Part-Time Software Engineer
Summary: Work with our brilliant IT Team to develop cutting-edge web apps, using Ruby on Rails, node.js, and PHP.
Hours: 20-30 hours a week, negotiable.
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience and performance
About the Organization
Common Good, the only nonprofit Money Services Business in the country developing financial technology for the Solidarity Economy, shifts power from big business and big government back to communities, where we know and care more, so together we can fund a regenerative society that puts people and planet first. For details, see CommonGood.earth. We are a small nonprofit with a volunteer board and a dozen staff (most part-time). Common Good values diversity and we encourage you to apply, whoever you are, especially people of color, women, and non-binary people.
- Participate in conversations with stakeholders to clarify needs.
- Propose new features and modifications.
- Develop user stories for assigned features, to elucidate desired functionality for both the stakeholders and Common Good’s Tech Team.
- Estimate how many hours of work and how much elapsed time it will take to build and test an assigned feature (or fix a particular bug).
- Write regression tests in RSpec (a dialect of Ruby) and Gherkin, based on the user stories.
- Design, build, and document elegant code that makes the tests work.
Communicate transparently with other staff about project progress.
- Participate in Common Good staff activities as a co-creator of Common Good’s evolving culture, building a community of learning toward a more just and sane society.
- Coordinate with other staff using ClickUp.
- Work from home (or wherever).
- Online work sessions 3-4 days a week (each Tech Team member working independently, on video conference for companionship, information-sharing, and coordination).
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and in speech.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Passion for social change.
How to Apply
- Tell us your experience in technology and social change and why you want to do this work.
- Email letter and resume to Executive Director William Spademan <wspademan@CommonGood.earth> by March 31, 2022.
- We also have other rewarding opportunities for internships, work/study, volunteering, and part-time skilled or unskilled work. Contact us and tell us what you’re looking for.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405