Temporary Social Media Specialist — Acadia Digital Media Team
Friends of Acadia is accepting Acadia Digital Media Team (ADMT) Social Media Specialist applications for the 2022 summer season. The Social Media Specialist will work closely with the Acadia Digital Media Team and the FOA Digital Media Manager producing engaging content for FOA’s social media accounts, including but not limited to Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook. The ADMT Social Media Specialist will be responsible for co-developing and implementing FOA’s social media strategy to increase online presence and engagement of FOA and Acadia National Park.
Creating Original Social Media Content- 50% of work duties
● Generate, edit, publish, and share educational and engaging content daily on various platforms (e.g., original text, photos, videos, and news updates).
● Appear “on camera” as a youth ambassador on social media representing Friends of Acadia.
● Collaborate with other seasonal FOA teams on mission driven content.
● Responsible for storyboarding and creating original content, managing posts, and responding to comments.
● Create projects that highlight park resources, programs, history, visitor experiences, visitor safety, and Leave No Trace principles.
Editing/Organization – 30% of work duties
● Utilize the FOA SmugMug account to find images for various social media campaigns.
● Organize provided external hard drive with media collected and projects worked on. Live-Streaming – 10% of work duties
● Help to produce live stream videos for the annual meeting, Acadia Week, and other events. Interpretation and Education- 5% of work duties
● Manage the Digital Media Interpretive Kit at the popular Peregrine Falcon Watch in ANP.
● Attend NPS training on radio operating procedures and the handling of emergencies. ● Attend Leave No Trace leader training.
Administration- 5% of work duties
● Keep records of hours worked and miles logged.
● Assist coordinator with the formal presentation and end-of-season reporting.
● Assists with ANP and FOA special events
● Other duties as assigned.
● Knowledge and experience producing content for Instagram, and TikTok.
● Comfort and enthusiasm appearing and speaking on camera.
● Excellent copywriting skills, communication skills, and analytical and multitasking skills
● Ability to deliver creative content (text, images, and video)
● Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions.
● Up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications.
● Creative and able to translate ideas into digital storytelling edited for use on various platforms.
● Able to receive constructive criticisms and use that to better one’s work.
● Experience at fostering a positive learning environment for others.
● Good project management skills – the ability to see a project through concept to implementation and evaluation in a collaborative decision-making environment.
● Capable of carrying at least 20 lbs of gear while hiking moderate to steep trails.
Preferred Qualifications: Marketing, social media management, or relevant field experience preferred. Uniforms/Equipment: The Social Media Specialist will be provided with uniform shirts, a light jacket, a rain jacket, and hiking boots, but must supply their own socks, and pants/shorts appropriate for hiking in all conditions at Acadia National Park. Employees must adhere to the Acadia National Park grooming standards. Technological equipment provided.
Requirements: Valid Driver’s License is needed and must have a reliable vehicle for travel to/from work and assignment sites. Applicants will be expected to use their own automobiles and will be reimbursed for mileage beyond their daily commute to the FOA office. Current students or recent college graduates are encouraged to apply. If selected for an interview, applicants will be asked to provide a social media projects portfolio—sending these with an initial application is a plus. Applicants must be available for the entire employment period.
Service Period: May 31-August 22, 2022 (1 position available)
Compensation: $17/hr paid every two weeks.
Housing: Applicants will be expected to find their own housing on or near Mount Desert Island.
Work Environment: Some of the work is performed outdoors and may involve moderate risks or discomfort. Occasional night and weekend assignments.
How to ApplyApplication instructions: Submit cover letter, resume, and references, and links to relevant work in a single PDF document titled “[last name]_SocialMediaSpecialist2022” to Julia Walker Thomas at email@example.com with “Social Media Specialist Application” in the subject line no later than January 21, 2022. Call Friends of Acadia at (207) 288-3340 or 1-800-625-0321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Friends of Acadia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405