Full-Time Social Media Coordinator (Band B)
Who We Are:
Friends of the Earth (FOE) is a national not for profit environmental organization that strives for a healthier and more just world. We push for the reforms that are needed. It’s an approach that has worked for five decades to produce important victories that help protect our planet and its people. We’re part of Friends of the Earth International, a federation of groups working in more than 70 countries on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.
What We Look For:
Are you passionate about creating engaging social media content? Can you create visual content that will increase the visibility for Friends of the Earth and its campaigns? Are you a skilled professional, who can manage the day-to-day implementation of the social media channels? Do you enjoy working closely with your colleagues?
The good news is that this is a growth position. We want you to succeed and we want to pay you a competitive wage that is in line with your experience. The range for this full-time role in the Washington, DC office. The starting salary is $58,000-$65,000. Offers are determined based on relevant skills and experience required for the position.
Implementation Guru: Oversees incoming social media requests, drafts social media language, and manages extensive posting calendar. Maintains current and fresh website while contributing to the design and implement of the revamped Instagram platform.
Creative Content Contributor: Supports the development of digital media strategies. Thinks creatively and innovatively to generate engaging content for social media platforms.
Collaborative Team Player: Works in partnership with communications, programs, campaigns and organizing staff members to handle requests. Works closely with Graphic Designer and other staff to ensure visual/messaging brand consistency across social media platforms.
Strategic Thinker: Engages with the Digital Communications Manager in proposing and developing long term digital media strategies. Participates in strategy, planning and campaign meetings. Researches and analyzes digital and traditional media trends and recommending a growth strategy approach to create innovative content and expand social media reach.
- 2-4years of experience in digital communications.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products such as Excel and Word, and Google applications
- Experience with a social media management tool (such as Meltwater, Hootsuite or Sprout) and online performance measurement tools such as Google Analytics
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities at once and keep up in a rapidly changing environment with shifting deadlines and priorities.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. FOE does not sponsor any employment related visas.
- An associates or bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with progressive news outlets
- Experience working for an environmental organization or climate justice organization
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- A collaborative mindset and a team player
Perks & Benefits:
We are a generous employer with benefits that will take care of you. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision coverage (80% for eligible dependents)
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching effective Day 1 (3% match)
- Generous Leave (Vacation-minimum 2 weeks to start, 12 Holidays, Sick, Parental, Sabbatical and More)
- Education Reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff.
How to ApplyApply using this link: https://foe.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=46
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405