Full-Time Sierra Watch Field Director
The Sierra Watch Field Director plays the leadership role in recruiting and mobilizing grassroots involvement in our work to keep Tahoe Truckee True.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting outreach and grassroots recruitment;
- Reaching new audiences and engaging existing supporters on social media;
- organizing outreach events and community forums;
- generating constituent letters and citizen input to decision makers; and
- turning out people to key public hearings and community events.
The ideal candidate has one to two years professional organizing or equivalent experience and has demonstrated leadership in setting priorities and following through.
The position demands excellent communications skills; passion for the Sierra Nevada is a must; a sense of humor is encouraged.
Salary DOE with health benefits. Location is North Lake Tahoe, California.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, resume, writing/media sample, and references to: Field Director Search, firstname.lastname@example.org