Full-Time Senior Research Associate
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is looking for a multitasking, detail-oriented, self-driven, professional Senior Research Associate with 1-2 cycles of experience to support our research team.
This dynamic position requires a concentrated, proactive, analytical individual who can stay two steps ahead and think critically with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Compile and distribute energy and environmental media clips packages each morning.
- Review all materials from the CAC communications and digital teams for accuracy before distribution.
- Conduct independent research projects related to Congressional issues and members relevant to climate and environmental policy.
- Work across departments to provide accurate and reliable information on a variety of climate and environmental issues in a timely manner.
- Track the statements, votes, and other pertinent actions of specific members of Congress.
- Provide rapid response support for relevant hearings, speeches, and other events in support of communications and digital teams.
- Provide detailed backup for television and radio advertisements produced or supported by the campaign.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who We Are
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is a highly effective, unbranded coalitions of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign serves as an important center of gravity and convening body for dozens of organizations working together to win the passage of ambitious federal climate policy that is centered on investment, standards, jobs, health, and justice. The Climate Action Campaign is based in Washington D.C. Visit us online at: http://www.actonclimate.com/.
Who You Are
A successful candidate for this position is a mission-driven, hardworking, self-driven individual who is/has:
- 1-2 cycles of relevant experience in political research
- Experience writing in research bullet style
- Proficiency in Lexis Nexis and other common research tools
- Experience in cutting video clips from YouTube and other media platforms
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize requests across departments
- Ability to maintain records and manage office needs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet firm deadlines and daily requirements with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to identify and act upon opportunities to enhance results and manage problems without needing to be asked
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little guidance
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- Familiarity with environmental issues is a plus but not required
The Fine Print
This is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Washington, DC. Our teams are currently working from home due to COVID-19 though we are expecting to return after Labor Day.
The target salary for this position is $50,000 depending on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyHow to Apply: Please visit this link to submit your cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should express your specific interest in and qualifications for this role.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405