Full-Time Senior Program Manager, Center for Energy Behavior and Equity
The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) is seeking a motivated, highly organized individual to serve as a Senior Program Manager for a new Center at CEE focusing on the human dimensions of energy efficiency programs. The Center will address the challenge of ensuring that energy users benefit more equitably from efficiency programs. This work will also focus on how to leverage behavioral science techniques and nudges (such as social norms, loss aversion, anchor bias, etc.) to benefit energy efficiency programs. The launch of this new Center builds off of CEE’s current collaboration with the UsersTCP of the International Energy Agency (IEA) on better engaging “Hard to Reach” (HTR) customers (such as low income, low-English proficiency, BIPOC, and small businesses) in energy efficiency programs.
The selected candidate would become part of a team at CEE working with CEE member organizations, government, and non-government agencies throughout the US and Canada to help improve the application of behavioral insights to energy efficiency and ensure that more energy users benefit equitably from energy efficiency programs. This Senior Program Manager will report to Kira Ashby.
- Lead primary and secondary research, data collection, and data analysis in support of the Center’s projects. Design surveys for data collection purposes, and oversee staff in survey distribution, data collection, analysis/synthesis, and quality assurance.
- Draft reports, studies, memoranda, position papers, and other professional written products in support of organization and member needs. Gather and synthesize literature on topics related to energy efficiency, human behavior, and equity. This position may also support research into non-energy impacts (NEIs), with an eye towards implications for equity, as needed.
- Prepare for and lead Committee meetings and webinars, including preparing agendas, preparing prep materials and slides, presenting, and facilitating meetings, both in-person and via teleconference.
- Develop and update documents, reports, business plans, database content, and website content.
- Provide customer service to members and other stakeholders upon request.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Master’s or doctoral degree, preferably in a relevant field such as psychology, sociology, environmental studies, environmental justice, etc., plus 3-5 years of professional work experience. Prior experience in the energy or environmental fields is desired. Previous experience working in a non-profit or with utilities is ideal, but not required. Interest in energy efficiency, environmental justice, and/or human behavior is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including aptitude facilitating meetings with diverse stakeholders. Experience leading authorship of professional papers or reports, either in an academic or non-academic setting.
- Experience leading all aspects of data collection and analysis. Experience designing surveys is a plus, but not required; previous coursework in survey design would be highly desirable.
- Project management experience; previous supervisory experience is ideal, but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook). Aptitude or experience with web-based software or platforms, including survey software such as Qualtrics is a plus, but not required. Experience with Microsoft Teams and Salesforce are also helpful, but not required.
- Strong organization and time management skills, along with attention to detail; ability to balance multiple priorities as projects evolve. Comfort with delegation of tasks to junior staff and reporting updates and outcomes to senior staff.
- Strong people skills and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a team. Comfort working with clients and/or customer service experience; ability to represent CEE and to articulate questions and resolve issues clearly over the telephone; customer service experience is ideal, professional demeanor is required.
- Willingness to travel, as much as approximately once per quarter, once the pandemic subsides.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. CEE offers a competitive benefits package.
The CEE Office, located at the Ferncroft Corporate Center, 35 Village Rd, Middleton MA, is currently closed due to the pandemic. Once re-opened, the location offers many amenities including a full-service cafeteria and a fitness center and is convenient to I-95, Route 1, and Route 128.
Please send application materials via e-mail to Kira Ashby at firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the location you found this posting, as well as including the job title and your name in the subject line; for example, “John Smith— Senior Program Manager, CEE Center”. Please include:
2. Cover Letter
3. Writing Sample (at least 2 pages) that demonstrates analytical reasoning skills
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. We anticipate a start date for this position of Feb. 7th, contingent upon Board of Directors approval. You must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship. CEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CEE reserves the right not to fill this position.
CEE is an award-winning consortium of efficiency program administrators from the United States and Canada that unifies program approaches across jurisdictions to increase impact in fragmented markets. By joining forces at CEE, individual electric and gas efficiency programs are able to partner not only with each other, but also with other industries, trade associations, and government agencies. Working together, administrators leverage the effect of their ratepayer funding, exchange information on successful practices and, by doing so, achieve greater energy efficiency for the public good.
How to ApplyPlease send application materials via e-mail to Kira Ashby at email@example.com, noting the location you found this posting, as well as including the job title and your name in the subject line; for example, “John Smith— Senior Program Manager, CEE Center”. Please include:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample (at least 2 pages) that demonstrates analytical reasoning skills