Full-Time Senior Operations Manager
Since experience comes in many forms, and imposter syndrome is real, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t think you check every box. Many skills are transferable and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
As consumers continue to demand greater transparency and accountability for the products they use, sustainability is no longer optional. That’s why we’ve built a technology-forward, data-driven network solution that empowers clean brands and manufacturers. Novi is the first to provide our thousands of users with the data, tools, and marketplace they need to procure materials and build the clean and transparent products that their customers are demanding. And while our roots are in the wellness and personal care category, we anticipate serving a much broader set of markets, including food, household cleaning, and more.
The opportunity in front of us is vast (a $1.5T market), our mission is urgent, and we’re well-funded by top-tier VC firms (Defy, Greylock, and Tiger Global) making the investments required to achieve it. We’re looking for talented people passionate about sustainability to join us in building the future of consumer product development. If that’s you, let’s talk!
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a highly focused operator to identify, design, and build playbooks and creative solutions to support our customers and our growth. You’ll work closely with our Leadership Team and across all business functions (Product, Partnerships, Customer Success, etc. ) drive business outcomes and increase efficiency across the organization:
- Proactively identify, design, and execute data-driven strategies and processes that will drive growth and efficiency at Novi
- Leverage customer insights and data to design, implement, and scale experiments that will unlock step functions in Novi’s growth
- Define critical metrics and develop dashboards to track business performance; collaborate and work cross-functionally to ensure insights inform broader critical initiatives
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally across the business from Product to Customer Success, to empower teams to deliver a best-in-class customer experience, drive process improvements across the organization, evolve our business and product, and set the bar high for operational excellence as we scale
- 4+ years experience in operations or related fields, preferably at early-stage startups and/or high growth technology companies
- Strong cross-functional leader, with a track record of working and influencing effectively across multiple functions and seniority levels, including executives
- Bias towards applying fresh, first-principles solutions to complex business problems
- Comfort in a high-growth environment where the playbook is still being written and iteration is constant
- Experience leading and delivering projects with a sense of ownership and self-accountability
- Fluency in data analysis, with an uncanny ability to recognize patterns in incomplete and ambiguous datasets, whether it’s in spreadsheets or writing your own SQL queries
- Experience rolling out and implementing internal software systems, tools, and solutions
- A passion for making a more transparent and sustainable world, and for working at a mission driven company
- A strong desire to work at the earliest stages of company building
- Excited to be part of a curious and empathetic culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
Life at Novi
One of Novi’s core values is “whole people” and we believe in self care and bringing our best selves to work. Novi’s early team comes from a diverse set of backgrounds and domains, and we will continue to foster diversity and inclusion, since it is critical to achieving our mission. Come join us in building the future of consumer product development.
- Unlimited vacation time
- Monthly flexible spend on PerkUp, covering anything from your cell phone bill to meals on Postmates
- 401k match
- Remote hardware setup and WFH stipend
- Robust paid parental/foster/adoption leave
- Competitive salary, benefits and equity packages for all employees