Full-Time Senior Operations and Special Projects Manager
Hours: Full-time (4-days, 32 hours/week)
Salary: $60,000 – $65,000
Benefits: Generous medical, dental, disability, vacation, holidays, sick days
Green America is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change. Our unique approach involves working with consumers, investors, and businesses to create a world that works for all. We deploy marketplace solutions to solve the most pressing social and environmental problems facing society today.
The Center for Sustainability Solutions builds on Green America’s work over the years, where we have brought together industry groups across supply chains to create major shifts in such areas as solar, community investing, sustainable agriculture, and fair labor. The Center supports Innovation Networks, focused multi-stakeholder working groups with the objective of making significant, industry-wide system change.
The Center currently houses three active Innovation Networks, each led by its Network Director:
- Soil & Climate Alliance
- Clean Electronics Production Network
- Climate Safe Lending
The Operations and Special Projects Manager will provide support to the CEO, who is currently serving as the Interim Director of the Center, and manage overall operations of the Center for Sustainability Solutions, including budget and operating plan management, grant finance management, personnel and hiring, managing relationships with contractors, website administration, and special projects for the CEO/Interim Center Director.
As all three Networks are virtual, this position may be housed in Washington, DC at the Green America offices, but may also be filled remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With CEO, coordinate planning and management for the Center
- Observe, review, and analyze processes to identify inefficiencies and areas where improvements can be made
- Facilitate cross-channel feedback from stakeholders and employees to Center leadership team
- Participate in long-term initiative planning to advance the overall goals of the Center
- Collaborate with CEO/Interim Center Director and Network Directors to set departmental goals
- Develop new ways to improve operations of the Center including software management tools, communications, and business processes
- Perform website administration for the various websites related to the Center
- Collaborate with networks to coordinate communications efforts
- Organize Center Leadership Team meetings
Finance & Budget Management
- Work with the Interim Center Director, Network Directors, and Development Team to track grant funding, assist with grant reporting and, where appropriate, ensure that grant funds are applied and administered appropriately
- Assist in forming and executing the annual Operating Plan for the department, including supporting Network Directors in developing their annual Operating Plans as well as participating in organization-wide staff meetings to set organizational priorities
- Assist in determining and managing the budget for the Center
Contract Administration and Personnel and Hiring Management
- Support Network Directors in creating, maintaining and execution of contracts with external contractors to advance the work of the Center and keep projects on track
- Assist in hiring and overseeing the work of Center staff (Program Managers and Project Coordinators) and contract researchers and facilitators as needed
Special Projects for the CEO/Interim Center Director
- Quick turnaround research
- Conduct key stakeholder follow-ups on behalf of the CEO/Interim Center Director
- Represent the CEO/Interim Center Director in meetings
- Support creation of informational materials and presentations
Other duties as assigned:
- Participate in Green America staff meetings and processes and other duties as required
- Participate in Green America Cross Departmental Teams: The success of our organizational work includes the voluntary participation of staff members from all levels of the organization in cross-departmental teams addressing a range of issues to strengthen our impact and planning, as time and other work commitments allow
Qualified Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
- 5+ years of management and/or operations experience, as well as project management experience, with demonstrated results managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills and the ability to quickly shift between priorities
- “Big picture” thinking skills to address top-level concerns and find the best path forward from all available data
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop trusting relationships with senior executives and high-level leaders across a range of sectors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interest in the subject areas
- Prior experience in communications, website administration, and asset creation desired
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Green America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination regarding: actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding, or reproductive health disorders), age (18 years of age or older), marital status (including domestic partnership and parenthood), personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, citizenship status, credit information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Harassment on the basis of a protected characteristic is included as a form of discrimination and is strictly prohibited.