Full-Time Senior Manager of Partnerships Marketing
At Greentown Labs, we see with clear eyes the universal challenge that climate change poses. Founded by entrepreneurs, we are a climatetech incubator bringing together startups, corporations, investors, politicians, and many others to shape the best future. We believe each solution becomes greater when combined with others in a community of changemakers who are driven by the possibilities to power the climatetech revolution.
Since 2011, Greentown Labs has steadily grown from an initial lab in Cambridge, to a 100,000 square foot campus in Somerville, and a newly opened 40,000 square foot facility in Houston, Texas. Our mission is to foster a passionate community of entrepreneurs committed to solving the world’s biggest climate and environmental challenges by providing the resources and labs they need to succeed. We are equally committed to building an equitable and inclusive climatetech ecosystem that integrates women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups.
Greentown Labs is excited to hire a Senior Manager of Partnerships Marketing to join its Marketing and Events team. This role will spearhead day-to-day marketing and communications activities related to our corporate partnership engagements and accelerator programs.
The Greentown team collaborates with 70+ corporate partners to foster mutually beneficial relationships between industry leaders and its community of climatetech startups where partners engage in a variety of capacities. As Senior Manager of Partnerships Marketing, you will serve as a key liaison between Greentown’s corporate partners and Greentown’s Marketing Department. In this role, you will support the marketing team in elevating and amplifying these key partner engagements. Your work will consist of regular campaigns introducing new partners, highlighting successful collaborations and outcomes between Greentown members and partners, driving visibility for partner-oriented events, and more. In addition, you will work to amplify Greentown Lab’s partnership accelerator programs, which each require their own marketing and communications efforts.
This position reports to Greentown Labs’ Vice President of Marketing and Communications and will work closely with other members of the Marketing and Communications team.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Your work as Senior Manager of Partnerships Marketing will focus on the following key objectives:
- Lead content development related to new partner announcements, partnership accelerator programs, and partner and startup collaborations
- Drive ongoing marketing campaigns spotlighting and amplifying Greentown’s partners and partnership accelerator programs
- Collaborate with the Partnerships team to ensure the Marketing Department is delivering on all tasks and deliverables
- Serve as project manager for relevant partner-related marketing projects, including collateral development, video projects, etc.
- Represent Greentown’s marketing team on relevant partner-facing calls and engagements, maintaining the highest level of customer service in all written and verbal communications
- Build relationships with marketing contacts at Greentown’s partner organizations for ongoing collaboration and engagement
- Support the promotion and storytelling for partner-specific events and activities
- Identify new storytelling and marketing opportunities to elevate Greentown’s partners, partnership accelerator programs, and their impact on Greentown’s startup community
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow, and excel professionally. We know people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below.
- Can-do, mission-oriented mentality with a positive, self-starter attitude and collaborative leadership style
- Demonstrated expertise in a marketing or communications role; preferably a role focused on partnerships and working with digital and social platforms
- Experience working in a highly collaborative role with multiple stakeholder groups
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to develop top-notch core marketing content, including, but not limited to, press releases, marketing collateral, newsletters, etc.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to engage senior executives
- Excellent organizational skills, project management experience, and attention to detail
- Proficiency with the Google Suite and Microsoft, especially PowerPoint;
- Experience with sales and marketing platforms (MailChimp, Salesforce, WordPress); experience with design tools a plus (Illustrator, Photoshop, Canva)
- Past experience in cleantech, climate, or environmental services is a plus
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND LOCATION
Greentown offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary for this position begins at $76,000 and is commensurate with experience. This role is based at Greentown’s Headquarters in Somerville, MA. In addition to a competitive salary, Greentown Labs also offers:
- A flexible, fun, supportive working environment; working alongside amazing people tackling the planet’s biggest challenges;
- Generous parental leave policy and benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance and 401k plan; and
- The opportunity to work at the largest climatetech incubator in North America which includes an awesome community of mission-driven entrepreneurs and endless networking opportunities.
TIMELINE AND HIRING PROCESS
We will review and respond to all applications received. While subject to change, candidates elected to advance throughout the process can expect an initial phone interview with Positively Partners, an interview with the Vice President of Marketing and Communications and for finalists, an interview day with Greentown staff, including a robust and holistic reference check process. Expected start date is late May 2022.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Greentown Labs seeks to fully represent our community and constituencies—particularly low-income communities and communities of color—to amplify those voices and provide opportunities to participate in the direction and leadership of the organization. We actively encourage candidates from broad, diverse backgrounds to apply.
Greentown Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.