Full-Time Senior Manager, Member Relations
Senior Manager, Member Relations
The Plant Based Foods Association (PBFA) is the first and only trade association in the U.S. representing the nation’s leading plant-based foods companies. PBFA’s mission is to champion, strengthen, and elevate our members and the plant-based foods industry. Our sister organization, Plant Based Foods Institute (PBFI) works to create a plant-based food system that benefits people, the planet, and animals.
By serving members’ interests through the Plant Based Foods Association, and by identifying and disseminating impactful solutions through the Plant Based Foods Institute, we empower the plant-based foods industry to drive food system transformation. The two organizations convene and collaborate with our membership, partners, and stakeholder groups to increase the availability and accessibility of plant-based foods, and promote a transition in agricultural practices.
The Senior Manager, Member Relations is a vitally important role in the organization. Reporting to the VP, Membership, they are responsible for the success of a large and growing portfolio of members. Through their leadership on the team, they help guide the growth of their portfolio, PBFA’s sponsorship program and the Membership team overall. They are a leader representing not only their portfolio of members, but all members.
Manage Portfolio of Members & Prospects (70% min.)
- Manage the Ingredient Supplier & Affiliate Member portfolio including all communications, renewals, meetings, and fulfillment of benefits.
- Actively engage with members through one-on-one meetings and email, mass communications, attending events and tradeshows, PBFA Connects and LinkedIn. This also includes working closely with the Communications Team to maximize opportunities to profile our members and the benefits of membership.
- Create and manage an annual event or other creative experience tailored to these members’ interests that also benefits the membership as a whole.
- Work in collaboration with the VP, Membership to pilot and manage new initiatives and offerings to members.
- Ambitiously grow membership by managing a robust pipeline of prospects including tracking, engaging, and creative outreach at tradeshows and through LinkedIn and other platforms. This also includes responding to referrals and opportunities created by the PBFA Membership Committee and other PBFA team members.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure alignment with other member experiences including benefits, opportunities, and communications.
- Work collaboratively with team members to promote PBFA membership and support the growth of the overall Membership program.
- Create an annual plan for the portfolio and ensure all targets are met.
- Build industry expertise and be a voice for these members within the organization and the industry.
Manage PBFA’s Sponsorship Program (20% min.)
- Reimagine, redesign, strengthen, and execute PBFA’s sponsorship program to create meaningful sponsorship opportunities and raise funds to support PBFA programs and services.
- Manage all sponsor and prospect relationships, growing them over the long-term. This includes, but is not limited to, proper tracking, timely and effective communications, and creatively aligning sponsor priorities with opportunities at PBFA.
- Creatively develop all sponsorship tools such as decks, properties, and recognition opportunities.
- Ensure all event-related sponsor experiences are smoothly and seamlessly executed while providing sponsors with a VIP experience at these events.
- Working with our Communications Team, effectively market and promote the sponsorship program within the PBFA community and beyond.
- Manage all agreements and fee schedules ensuring all parties’ commitments are fulfilled as promised.
- Create an annual plan for sponsorship and ensure all targets are met.
- Work collaboratively with team members to promote PBFA Membership and support the growth and success of the overall Membership program. This may include supporting departmentally-led initiatives, events, collaborations, and promotions.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to colleagues as needed or requested for the betterment of the Membership Program or PBFA/I as a whole.
- Actively follow-up with all member opportunities presented, regardless if the prospect is in the portfolio or not.
- Contribute to the departmental Annual Plan and budgeting process.
- Manage and strengthen key metrics for the portfolio.
- Provide support to PBFA leadership as needed and specifically for the development of membership-related Board materials.
- Track and manage expenses incurred to execute their work.
- Contribute to the overall success of PBFA/I and our presence at Plant Based World, our official trade show.
- Mentor, motivate and inspire others in the organization to help the organization grow and strengthen over the long-term.
- Be a strong, inspiring, articulate and approachable ambassador for the Membership Program and PBFA.
The ideal candidate is:
- Aligned with PBFA’s mission to build a strong foundation for the plant-based foods industry, and ready to enthusiastically share that mission with others.
- Professional and confident while communicating with all levels of leadership in a business setting.
- An effective salesperson, with a record of success, meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Responsible and self-driven. Able to thrive in a highly independent environment, and ready to be a contributing member of a small but passionate team.
- Creative and stays current with best practices in marketing.
- A natural connector and skilled networker.
Experience and skills:
- 7 years’ experience in sales, marketing or related outreach roles.
- Outstanding oral, written, and editing skills.
- An exceptionally creative and effective marketer, with experience in communications and sponsor relations.
- Astute with social media platforms (specifically LinkedIn) and adept at creating targeted communication for business development and marketing purposes.
- Excellent networking skills, with an ability to forge meaningful connections.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, project management, problem recognition, and solving skills.
- A passion for the plant-based foods industry.
- Knowledge and experience in the food, food-tech, agriculture, ingredient supply or plant-based industries.
- Experience managing or mentoring others (colleagues or volunteers) to achieve specific results.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Successful remote workplace experience is a plus.
This position is full-time, exempt, permanent, and remote.
Salary: $75,000 – $85,000 depending on experience. Benefits include healthcare, retirement, vacation, sick time, and more.
Applications will be accepted through December 9, 2022. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Please note: Studies show that potential applicants from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you are enthusiastic about the opportunity and meet many qualifications and/or have experience you feel would translate well, please submit an application! Our hiring teams are trained to evaluate all candidates holistically.
PBFA/I is actively committed to creating a diverse environment, and culture of inclusion where all team members feel valued and can contribute their experiences and perspectives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, PBFA/I does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.