Full-Time Senior Manager, Foundations and Corporate Giving
Hours: 32 hours/week, flexible 4-day work week (full time)
Salary: $72,000 – $77,000
Benefits: Excellent benefits package, including health insurance, dental and vision coverage, sick days, holidays, and vacation. Friendly, collaborative work environment. Option to work remotely.
Supervisor: Director of Development & Organizational Advancement
For 40 years, Green America has been harnessing economic power – the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace – to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society. We are working to create an economy that works for all people and our planet, and we are searching for a dynamic development professional to join our team.
Our Center for Sustainability Solutions (“the Center”) uses a systems-level approach to solve pressing social and environmental problems – from climate change to food systems breakdown. The Center brings together diverse stakeholders through Innovation Networks that aim to shift entire industries towards sustainability. Active Innovation Networks include the Soil & Climate Alliance, the Climate-Safe Lending Network, and the Clean Electronics Production Network.
The Senior Manager of Foundations and Corporate Giving is an exciting new position created to lead the management, cultivation, and stewardship of the Center’s foundation and business supporters, grow the pipeline for both revenue streams, and manage a portfolio of $2M+ in active grants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In concert with the Center’s senior staff and talented team, develop and implement fundraising strategies for the Center and its networks
- Steward current foundation and corporate donors with special communications and personalized gift/grant acknowledgements
- Manage a portfolio of $2M+ in active grants and ensure the timely submission of reports, financial updates, and renewal proposals for active funders
- Identify and work to develop productive relationships with prospective foundation and corporate donors
- Craft and submit grant proposals and letters of inquiry for new sources of foundation and corporate support to help meet or exceed the Center’s financial goals
- Maintain records of all interactions with business supporters and foundation prospects in our fundraising database, Raisers Edge
- Participate in cross-departmental teams as time and other work commitments allow.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Exemplary communications and interpersonal skills, professionalism, and ability to build long-term relationships with senior executives and leaders across a range of sectors
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of foundation and corporate/business fundraising experience
- Track record of securing 5-7 figure gifts and/or meeting 7-figure annual goals
- Strong project management and organizational skills with capacity to meet deadlines, identify areas of synergies across teams, and develop new fundraising strategies
- Demonstrated ability to craft compelling, effective messaging for letters of inquiry, proposals, sponsorship requests, and progress reports
- Comfort logging activities and notes in CRM software (Raiser’s Edge familiarity a plus)
- Funder research skills and the ability to effectively identify, segment, and prioritize prospective business supporters and foundations
- Ability to travel: The position involves travel time of up to 25% for network meetings, conferences, foundation/business client meetings, staff training, and other purposes.
- Passion for creating a more socially just and sustainable society, including personal interest and/or experience in Green America’s issue areas
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) certification a plus.