Full-Time Senior Manager, Food & Forests (Remote or Boston)
The Senior Manager will oversee programmatic work on the Food and Forests team to improve the sustainability performance of companies with regards to biodiversity and nature. Specifically, the Senior Manager supports engagement with companies and manages the production and distribution of new research and analysis on this issue area.
Ceres is searching for a highly motivated candidate with biodiversity or nature resources experience and demonstrates strong facilitation, verbal and writing communication, project management, and relationship management skills. This position reports to the Food and Forests Director.
This role is a full-time position that may work remotely or in the Boston, MA office. Candidates must be flexible to work with employees in all US time zones.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the production, release, and distribution of new research and analysis on nature loss and biodiversity
- Convene and manage a stakeholder group of representatives from NGOs focused on nature loss and biodiversity to inform corporate expectations and criteria for commitments
- Working with this stakeholder group, provide input into the expectations of companies to address nature loss and biodiversity. Develop sector-specific criteria for companies to address nature loss
- Work with partners to monitor corporate performance on sector-specific criteria and provide input into company-specific briefs and business case for investors to use in engagements
- Support the development and execution of programmatic strategy for Ceres’ Food and Forests work, including work planning, output delivery and progress evaluation
- Manage consultants to conduct research and deliver data and written materials, as needed
- Plan and execute educational events for investors and companies related to company performance
- Stay current on scientific and market developments related to biodiversity and nature
- Coordinate with other Ceres program teams (e.g., Investor Network, Company Network, Water Communications, Development, Operations) as needed to accomplish organizational objectives
- Assist the Program Director and Director in drafting funding proposals with the Ceres Development team, providing support for funder meetings and outreach to potential new funders
- Represent Ceres at conferences, seminars, press conferences and meetings as spokesperson for project or program work
- Assure that programmatic strategies maximize the impact of our work through a lens of social and racial equity
- Train and supervise other Food and Forests team staff or interns as needed
How to Apply
- Join our team by visiting this page and clicking the button "Apply for this position". We encourage all applicants to review our website to learn more about Ceres’ goals, mission, and values. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three references.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you have questions related to the above or need a reasonable accommodation under the ADA, please contact our ADA Coordinator at ADArequest@ceres.org.
- Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.