Full-Time Senior Manager- Energy Advocacy
Job Summary: The Senior Manager of Energy Advocacy is a dynamic, energetic, and effective policy and outreach leader responsible for building strong relationships with clean energy stakeholders. The Manager will lead a team of community advocates. This position will also serve as a thought leader in local Clean Energy Programs. While performing multiple tasks under pressure in a fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will demonstrate excellence by being detailed oriented, possessing good communication and organizational skills, and effectively utilizing Microsoft Office and other related software. The ideal candidate will also have experience with grant data collecting and reporting.
- Builds Strong Relationships with Stakeholders via advocacy for all of IMPACT’s Clean Energy Initiatives (solar, weatherization, electric vehicle solutions).
- Leads Energy Advocate team as they establish and manage relationships in opportunity neighborhoods, collect community views and needs, identify community-based challenges towards solution.
- Leads Energy Advocate team in canvassing and planning outreach in the area of solar energy, weatherization and electric vehicles.
- Manages monthly and quarterly reports on participant progress.
- Manages individual activity/data entry into the appropriate data collecting systems
- Reports program outcomes to grant and gift makers
- Provides feedback and instruction on work assignment performance
- Assists with the collection and maintenance of all documentation, including pay stubs, to support employment verification.
- Completes and submits all required reporting forms, including hours worked, in a timely manner.
- Represents Agency in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Working conditions are within a standard office environment which requires ability to operate telephone and personal computer for extended periods of time. Will be required to travel often within the city and commit to after hour availability.
Competencies and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Integrity and Trust
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Decision Quality
- Problem Solving
- Customer Services
- Verbal, Written Communication Skills
- Significant Knowledge of Clean Energy/Environmental Science
- Technical Skills (e.g. PC applications)
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Environmental Science, Ecology, non-profit, business administration or related field required
- 3-5 years’ supervisory or program management experience in a community-oriented, workforce development profession required.
- 3-5 years ‘experience working with community advocates and volunteers
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Ability to organize, coordinate projects and meet deadlines with a minimal amount of direction.
- Computer proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of
- Strong research and analytical skills and knowledge of outcomes.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and/or reliable
- Must comply with agency’s insurance carrier standards and policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
IMPACT Community Action recognizes that a diverse workforce enhances the organization in many ways. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities that foster diversity and meaningful experiences.