Full-Time Senior Manager, Climate Action 100+ (Boston or Remote)
Senior Manager, Climate Action 100+
Location: Boston or Remote
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses. For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Climate Action 100+ , is a five-year initiative led by investors to engage with the world’s largest corporate greenhouse gas emitters to improve governance on climate change, curb emissions and strengthen climate-related financial disclosures. To date, 615 investors with more than USD $55 trillion in assets under management have signed on to the initiative. The initiative is designed to implement the investor commitment first set out in the Global Investor Statement on Climate Change in the months leading up to the adoption of the historic Paris Agreement in 2015 limiting global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius.
Description and Responsibilities
The Senior Manager, Climate Action 100+ Initiative will collaboratively organize and coordinate investor engagements, including escalation strategies and tactics, with North America based companies on the focus list in alignment with the goals of the initiative. This position will collaborate, as required, with other relevant Ceres’ initiatives and staff responsible for related campaigns and companies.
This is a full-time staff position on Ceres Investor Team that will report to the Director, CA100+.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and manage North American investor engagements with a subset of focus companies as part of the global Climate Action 100+ Initiative, including working closely with U.S, Canadian and international investors that are designated as lead and collaborating investors for engagement with designated North American focus companies.
- Drive effective engagement and escalation campaigns with focus companies, including for example, building/coordinating aligned groups of investors, developing company specific research-based strategies, and supporting investor-led shareholder and media campaigns.
- Support utilization of the CA100+ disclosure metrics by investors and other financial market actors and play a role in the on-going development of the Net Zero Company Benchmark.
- Compile company-specific data, information and materials from data providers and relevant NGOs supporting the Climate Action 100+ initiative to support individual company engagements, and conduct/oversee company-specific research and develop written materials as necessary to support investor engagement.
- Work closely with Ceres sector and topic experts to integrate sector-relevant goals that align investor engagement for company ambition in line with a transition pathway that limits global warming to 1.5C.
- Support meetings of and communications with the Climate Action 100+ North America Engagement Working Group and its investor members.
- Maintain systems for tracking Climate Action 100+ activities, deliverables, progress and outcomes regarding investor practices and focus company commitments.
- At least 7 years of work experience in investment, finance, shareholder engagement, corporate or non-profit management, ideally with a focus on climate or environmental matters and a track record of project management and/or campaign leadership.
- Strong skills in data management and analytics and understanding of corporate disclosure frameworks and their applications for investment management.
- Experience designing and leading campaigns or other significant and complex projects characterized by changing dynamics and myriad stakeholder relationships.
- Experience developing, managing and strengthening relationships and coordinating with multiple partners and coalitions, and/or consultants.
- Experience with developing or overseeing systems to track activity, progress and outcomes.
- Ability to evaluate workload and prioritize projects in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Experience working on climate change, environmental issues, sustainability and/or high GHG emitting sectors including energy, transportation, oil and gas, electric power.
- Strong organizational, project management, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Able to work well independently and as a team member.
- Comfortable working with diverse personalities and people.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven and nonprofit environment.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
The hiring salary range for this position is $81,000-84,000
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
How to Apply
- We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
- To apply, please follow these steps: (1) visit this page, (2) select "Senior Manager, Climate Action 100+" from the list of jobs, and (3) click the "Apply For This Position" button at the bottom of the job announcement page.
- Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405