Driven by a passion to solve the climate crisis, The Sunrise Project is a team of experienced change-makers, researchers and communications professionals with a mission to scale social movements to drive the global transition beyond fossil fuels. With programs and staff in Australia, Europe, and the US, we have developed a unique model of grantmaking and campaigning that supports networks of organizations to drive powerful change towards our mission.
We have a dynamic and nimble organizational culture and we’re serious about supporting our people to thrive. We’re committed to building justice and equity into our organization as well as through our work in the world. We move fast and are growing rapidly as we lean into the urgency of the climate challenge.
You’re a skilled campaigner and creative thinker with a strong track record of making change happen. You have strong strategic instincts and an understanding of how power works in the world and want to shift the role of corporate power in our society. You have a demonstrated ability to lead others, including managing new partnerships, networks, and campaign teams. You understand corporate campaigning and are passionate about shifting the role of financial markets to stop driving climate change. You can work independently and juggle multiple concurrent projects, and also work well collaboratively in teams, centering equity and justice in your approach to leadership and to campaigning more generally. You’ve got exceptional networking and interpersonal communication skills and are just as comfortable working with finance industry professionals as with grassroots climate activists.
About The Role
We’re a growing team working on a successful and exciting network campaign to pressure some of largest U.S. financial institutions to stop fueling the climate crisis. We work in collaborative teams and in close partnership with a diverse set of partners and allies across the US and the rest of the world. We’re looking for an experienced campaigner to help manage and grow our existing campaign, while contributing new insights on strategy, tactical ideas, and networks of potential new partners.
- Develop strategies and tactics to win finance campaigns and accelerate the transition of the finance sector away from fossil fuels and deforestation-linked commodities;
- Manage and coordinate our global network towards campaign goals;
- Design and implement campaign tactics that put real pressure on companies to shift;
- Deepen issue expertise and produce credible and compelling campaign communications materials for movement and corporate audiences;
- Seek out new partnerships and network extensively with allies in the finance sector and within NGO networks;
Required Skills and Experience
- At least five-plus years’ experience working on effective corporate and/or finance campaigns;
- Experience developing and implementing campaign strategy;
- The ability to articulate complex ideas and strategies in a clear and compelling way;
- Experience in project management;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate distributed networks;
- Writing skills and the ability to craft compelling public communications for a variety of audiences;
- A passion for action on climate change and a commitment to social justice;
- You must have full working rights for the United States.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience with corporate negotiations
- Experience working on international projects across multiple time zones, countries, and cultures;
- Working knowledge of how the financial sector operates and/or a curiosity to learn more about financial systems;
- Fluency in written and oral English.
Location: Preference for New York greater metro area or Boston, but flexible for the right candidate. An eligible candidate must have full working rights in the United States.
Remuneration: The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $95,000, based on experience. Excellent benefits package includes 401(k) employer match; 100% employer paid health, vision and dental coverage; and generous vacationpolicy.
Statement from our US Fiscal Sponsor Windward Fund
Sunrise US is a project of Windward Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Windward Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Windward Fund ‘s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
How to ApplyTo apply, please follow this link: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/3uyqvegv5v?utm_source=greenjobs
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405