Full-Time Senior Environmental Planner
Are you looking to help shape the future of the streams and riparian resources within Santa Clara County? Valley Water is looking for a Senior Environmental Planner to help develop the next generation of its successful Stream Maintenance Program. Valley Water operates one of the largest stream maintenance programs in the state and is responsible for over 275 miles of stream corridor located throughout Santa Clara County. The selected candidate will be a leader in developing the next 10-20-year program serving Santa Clara County. The ideal candidate will have experience developing and evaluating large scale public works programs and projects. Experience in the preparation of CEQA analysis for complex projects is desired as well as experience in the preparation and negotiation of state and federal permits including 404, 401 1602 and Section 7.
This position is located in our Operations and Maintenance Environmental Support Unit and will work closely with a cross disciplinary team of ecological, engineering and construction staff to develop the third generation of our Stream Maintenance Program. The selected candidate will be a leader in program development as well as CEQA analysis and permitting of the program. The position will also oversee the ongoing mitigation and monitoring plan associated with the next ten-year phase of the program.
We are looking for a collaborative self-starter who can develop creative and durable solutions to the stream stewardship challenges confronting Valley Water in the coming decades. Is this you?
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Environmental support for complex Watershed operations and maintenance projects and programs (Primarily the Stream Maintenance Program).
- QA/QC for CEQA analysis and permitting.
- Program reporting and mitigation monitoring.
- Environmental process support.
Ideal Candidate’s Background Includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria listed below.
- Experience in working with State and Federal agencies for negotiating permits and permit compliance.
- Experience with GIS and databases or similar tools for evaluating and communicating large scale data sets.
- Experience in project management.
Ideal Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead, organize the work of staff.
- Ability to work with different units and across all levels of staff in the organization.
- Ability to prepare and present PowerPoint presentations to permitting agencies, board of directors and District staff on permits.
- Knowledge and experience working with California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) / National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Knowledge and familiarity with Construction and Maintenance practices.
Ideal Training and Education:
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in environmental studies, environmental planning, city and regional planning, environmental science, natural resources management, geography, or a closely related field.
- Seven (7) years of professional level environmental planning or related experience involving the evaluation of the impact of proposed public works or capital projects or facilities in the community and the environment.
Required License or Certificate:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver’s license. Individuals who do not meet the driver’s license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
How to ApplyPlease apply at this link https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scvwd/jobs/2836543/senior-environmental-planner?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs (Deadline October 9, 2020)
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405