Full-Time Senior Digital Campaign Strategist
Senior Digital Campaign Strategist
Location: Tucson, AZ; Oakland, CA, Remote
ABOUT THE JOB
The Center for Biological Diversity (the Center) is hiring a Senior Digital Campaign Strategist to be a key member of the Center’s Digital team. This will be a results-oriented position that will lead key areas of the Center’s digital advocacy and engagement strategy, focusing on one or more of the Center’s core programs.
The Senior Digital Campaign Strategist will deftly juggle responsive work (both global and domestic) and ongoing core work within the digital department. This person will identify opportunities, set ambitious goals for the programs they are assigned to, collaborate with key stakeholders to advance the work, and task-manage team members to bring in new supporters, raise money, deepen engagement, and secure campaign victories.
This is an exempt, full-time position and will report to the Digital Director.
- Serve as the digital lead for one or more of the Center’s core programs and work with Digital Campaign Strategists and other digital team staff to craft content, including emails, text messages, social media, online actions and technical development.
- Work closely with other Digital team staff, including the Digital Communications Manager, Social Media Strategist, etc., to ensure smooth integration of the work produced by Digital Campaigners with other Digital department initiatives and schedules.
- Develop, write, edit, and produce campaign content that will engage supporters via email, SMS, social media or the Center’s website.
- Develop strategy and work plans for short-term responsive projects and longer-term projects that enhance the Center’s ability to grow, fundraise, and engage our supporters.
- Collaborate with leadership and peers to identify responsive opportunities, including developing strategy and materials, and coordinating with other departments and coalition members where appropriate.
- Follow and test best practices and innovations for email, social media, mobile, web and online-offline mobilization.
- Make key decisions on project output, using expertise and insights from relevant team members or organizational stakeholders as well as testing and performance data.
- Attend all program-related meetings and stay abreast of issues and news related to your program area(s)
- Develop, write, edit, and produce campaign content that will engage supports via email, SMS, social media or the Center’s website.
- Perform other job-related duties as required and assigned by the Digital Campaign Manager, Deputy Digital Director, or Digital Director
Minimum requirements include:
- 3-5 years experience in public interest campaigning with environmental organizations preferred, but we are excited to welcome digital experts from other sectors and industries as well. Experience working on climate, endangered species, or other environmental issues or campaigns a plus.
- 3-5 years experience in digital engagement with advocacy, political, or charitable organizations.
- Experience with CRMs (Every Action experience is a plus), CMSs, texting platforms and best practices, and social media scheduling and listening platforms.
Additional requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Expertise in digital engagement strategies and tactics including digital campaign planning, expertise in all relevant channels (email, social media, mobile, web), fundraising, and online-to-offline organizing.
- Strong decision-making skills, able to make strategic calls for the project with awareness of the context in which it is operating both internally and externally.
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once, including both short-term responsive work and long-term capacity-building work.
- Keen judgment about what will work with key audiences, advance engagement goals, and organizational capacity.
- Track record of developing creative campaign content that engages diverse communities and deepens relationships with existing supporters.
- Excellent communication skills, including both written and oral.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to justice, equity, diversity, accessibility, and inclusion
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be review on a rolling basis and will conclude once we have found the best candidate.
Center for Biological Diversity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes. We strongly encourage applications from marginalized communities. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please contact us.
SALARY $65,000-$75,000 depending on experience