Full-Time Senior Development Manager
Clean Air Carolina (CAC) is a statewide nonprofit organization working since 2003 for cleaner air and solutions to climate change. With offices in Charlotte and Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, Clean Air Carolina has a broad range of programs to advance its mission of ensuring cleaner air quality for all North Carolinians through education and advocacy and by working with partners to reduce sources of pollution.
CAC is seeking a dynamic team leader who will plan and direct a comprehensive fundraising program in alignment with CAC’s mission and core values. The Senior Development Manager will oversee all revenue generating activities including our annual campaign, special events, corporate sponsorships, planned giving, major gifts, and grant writing. The ideal candidate should be outgoing, team-oriented, have more than six years of fundraising experience with a non-profit, and a strong commitment to helping grow philanthropy to extend CAC’s reach beyond Charlotte. This position reports to the Executive Director and is based in Charlotte.
- Work with the Executive Director to design and implement an annual $500,000 fundraising campaign
- Develop, execute, and manage strategies and activities including annual giving, major gifts, corporate and planned giving, and special events
- Investigate, identify and write grant applications
- Create opportunities and resources to engage staff, board members and the board development committee in fundraising activities
- Foster an understanding of the development process to create a “culture of philanthropy” among the team through communicating updates related to the budget and development plan goals
- Work with Communications Manager to develop stories that help convey the positive impact of our work to inspire more giving
- Supervise Membership Manager to strengthen the database, maximizing fundraising and facilitating regular contacts and ongoing “touches” through personalized communication to current and potential donors
- Act as a passionate and informed advocate for CAC and serve as a key representative for the organization
- Occasionally participate in education and outreach activities with CAC staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Non-Profit Management or related field
- Minimum of six years of non-profit fundraising experience
- Demonstrated leadership and experience in fundraising activities including membership, special events, and annual giving
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with current and potential donors
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors including foundations and corporate entities
- Experience in asking for and closing gifts of $10,000 or more
- Proficiency with fundraising databases
- Articulate and professional with a positive attitude
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Office
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge 7, Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification
The work environment requires someone that is a self-starter, confident, responsible, reliable, enthusiastic, and goal-oriented. The individual must be flexible in a rapidly-changing work environment and work well independently and as part of a team.
Work Schedule and Compensation
This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a pioneering nonprofit’s development efforts. This full-time (40 hours per week) position requires occasional evening meetings, weekend work, and overnight travel. Clean Air Carolina offers a competitive compensation package to include medical, dental & vision coverage, paid time-off (PTO) and company paid holidays.