Full-Time Senior Community Development Specialist
Senior Community Development Specialist
The Justice, Workforce & Community Development group works to improve the conditions of America’s most at-risk populations—reaching out directly to the populations in need, as well as providing strategic consulting support to human services agencies throughout the United States. If you are enthusiastic about solving social, environmental, and economic issues related to affordable housing, community development, energy efficiency, disaster resilience and sustainability that make a difference in people’s lives, this is the place for you!
As a Senior Community Development Specialist, you will be an integral part of the Housing and Community Development team at ICF. You will be a team player able to work in a fast paced environment who will be responsible for supporting a wide range of technical assistance engagements, providing guidance, and developing products and written materials designed to help improve the effectiveness of housing assistance, energy efficiency/ sustainability and other programs designed to assist special needs populations.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume.
- Supporting technical assistance engagements on efforts related to housing and community development and/or energy efficiency, renewable energy, disaster resilience, coordination of technical assistance and preparation of reports, guidance, and training materials.
- Contributing to the development and deployment of communications, outreach, and training resources, including case studies, webinars, in-person events, and other communications
- Providing day-to-day technical support regarding requirements, regulations and rules, procedures, and practices of Federal programs.
- Providing financial and project management support on work being performed.
- Ensuring that all technical work performed is of high quality, on-budget, and delivered in a timely manner.
- Serving as a direct point of contact and liaison for program participants.
- Bachelors’ degree in Public Affairs, Public Policy, Government, Environmental Policy, Economics, Urban Planning or other relevant field
- 2+ years of direct experience working in public or private non-profit organizations
- Interest in affordable housing, community development and sustainability issues including energy efficiency, renewable energy, disaster resilience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with program participants.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work limited overtime, as needed
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Experience with developing and implementing project/team processes
- Superior attention to detail
- Master’s Degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Public Policy, Government, Environmental Policy or a related discipline.
- Direct experience in the field of affordable housing and community development. Experience with energy efficiency, utility benchmarking and renewable energy a plus.
- Experience supporting technical assistance projects (such as training delivery, direct technical assistance to local government entities or non-profits, and/or resources/tools development).”
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discriination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.